Chapter 31 - Answer

Jacob William

"Thankyou so much, Mr. Dexter. Our wedding will come soon, we'll send you an invitation." Mandy said to Mr. Dexter as she shook his hand. I smiled to him politely and we walked towards to the drink section.

"I hate lying.. we will never have our wedding." Mandy said as she leaned her head to my shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's for our own good." I patted her hand and she sighed. I heard a lot of people talking on the entrance of the event. I turned my attention to the crowd and I saw a man walking into the venue with his bodyguards.

He scanned the room and his eyes landed on me. He gestured the guards to leave and the crowd didn't even dare to approach him. He walked towards me and Mandy which makes me raising my eyebrows.

"I need a strong beer.. I'm tired already." Mandy said.

"I'm assuming that you're Kyle Denver." The man smiled to me and Mandy stood up straight. I shook the man's hand and I turned to Mandy. Her eyes were about to popped out.

"Mandy? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Mandy?!" The man in front of me asked disbelief.

"Kyle, this is Logan. Logan, this is my fiance, Kyle Denver." Oh shit!

"Your Highness." I smiled politely and he nodded lightly.

"What are you doing here?" Mandy asked as she tighten up her grip on my arm.

"I'm here to visit my bestfriend, is it a crime?" He asked as he looked at me. His eyes weren't that friendly to me and I know that he's clearly jealous.

"I'm busy, we're preparing the wedding." Mandy said and I turned to her nodding.

"It was nice to know Mandy's bestfriend. We won't forget to send our wedding invitation to you, Your Highness." I said and he chuckled.

"Don't you have a fiance? What's her name? Catherine Ashton?"

"That's his ex-fiance, they were arrange marriage. Don't you try to butt in into our lives, Logan." Mandy bursted angrily and I put Mandy at my back.

"Excuse us, Your Highness. We have other friends to greet." I said as I walked away taking Mandy with me. I put my arm around her waist and she let out a sigh.

"You okay?"

"I'm not.. I never thought he will come here. He has to be in Denmark for his coronation." Mandy whispered and I patted her back.

"Do you want to talk to him?"

"No.. I don't want to." Mandy shook her head and I pulled her into a hug. She's start shaking and I patted her back trying to calm her down. Mandy is like my little sister, she's fragile.

"Mandy, we need to talk." I turned to see Logan looking at Mandy seriously.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, Logan." I dropped the formalities right away.

"It's important."

"Mandy is my fiance and if you want to talk to her, talk in front of me." I said seriously and he glared at me.

"Jacob, let her talk to him." I turned to see Catherine standing behind him.

"She's my fiance and you both can't tell me what to do." I said to the both of them.

"If you want to talk, let him hear." Mandy said and I turned to her. Her eyes were stuck to Logan and I sighed.

"Let's go back to Denmark, okay? We have to talk.. a long one." Logan said and Mandy shook her head.

"I had enough talks, I'm getting married." Mandy said.

"Will you just cooperate with me, Mandy?" Logan started to get pissed.

"Just go back there alone, I'm staying in New York." Mandy said and Logan completely frustrated. I turned to Catherine and she gave me a sad look.

"Fine, if you don't want to go to Denmark but let's talk for 15 minutes alone." He emphasized the word alone as he looked at me.

"I don't trust you." Mandy said.

"I don't trust you either, I did make sure that no one will call you Mandy except me, beautiful." Logan smirked and that made Mandy furious.

"Fine! Let's talk.." Mandy said as she let my hand go. She walked away first and Logan followed. Catherine stood in front of me and I looked away.

"Jacob, can we talk too?"

"There's nothing to talk about." I said and I walked away from her. She grabbed my arm and I turned to her raising my eyebrows.

"Let's get married, Jacob. I'm ready.."

"Oh really? After what we've gone through?" I asked her coldly.

"I love you, I do. This time, I don't want to make the same mistake." She said seriously and I shook my head.

"You know that I have a fiance now. Are you trying to take me from her?"

"You clearly know that they both have a thing." She said and I shook my head.

"So what? It doesn't mean that I will get back to you." I said and she looked at me disbelief.

"I won't give up, Jacob. I will drag your ass to the church and make you sign the wedding certificate." She said seriously and she walked away. I found myself smiling seeing her like this. Now she's the Catherine I knew but you need to work harder, beautiful.

I walked out from the ballroom to look for Mandy. I saw her talking to Logan and they're real serious. I decided to just leave them alone. I walked back inside and I saw Catherine sitting alone on her table. I decided to walk to her and sat beside her.

"Jacob." Her eyes widen when she saw me.

"What? Don't get me wrong.. I'm waiting for my fiance." I said and she chuckled.

"I know.. but I just love to see you here." She said and I sighed.

"How are you been doing for the past 2 years?"

"I heard about the accident, I hope you're okay now." She said and I turned to her.

"I'm physically okay but not here.." I pointed at my heart and she looked at me sadly. Her eyes starting to get teary.

"I'm sorry, it's all because of me. I shouldn't have left." She said and I shook my head.

"We both were wrong, it's nobody's fault. We both deserve this.. we both are stubborn." I admitted.

"I will get you back, Jacob. I promise that.. I love you and I want to be with you."

"I'm getting married, Catherine."

"But she's with.. the Prince.."

"Logan is her bestfriend." Even though I know more.

"Do you love her?" She asked and I turned to her.

"You should know me well, Catherine. You know the answer."