Chapter 14

"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

Tiana's P.O.V

"OMG Ryder! What are you doing in my room?" I squeal. He doesn't seem to hear me.

"Hello?!" I whispered angrily so not to wake up my parents.

He clears his throat and just barely gets out, "you're not wearing any clothes," he smirks as if he likes what he sees.

I stumble to cover myself, in a panic once I remember my current state. It doesn't seem unfortunate to him.

My eyes wander to the bulge in his sweats, "Ugh! God, please put that away or at least cover yourself," I shut my eyes, but that image is embroidered into my eyelids.

"Sorry," Ryder sits on my bed and grabs a pillow to cover himself.

"Great. Now I have to burn that pillow," I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

I'm surprised that he seems apologetic and almost...cares? He hasn't cared about me for years.

His eyes drift down and confusion washes over his face, drowning him in what seems like sadness.

"Stop staring at me. It's creepy," I grumble.

"You're bleeding," he somberly responds. Ryder stands and starts moving slowly as if afraid I'll get spooked and kick him where the sun don't shine. I mean he's not completely unreasonable to think that.

"It's nothing. I'm fine," I pull up the towel to cover my chest more and I hear him gasp. I look down to see I've revealed my fresh wounds.

I prepared for the worst, remembering his threats and knowing what he's done to me for just looking at him wrong. My stance is steady as I wait for the beating to begin, closing my eyes so not to see when it's coming.

Then, the unexpected happened. I felt his arms wrap around me, his body against mine. He inhales, smelling my hair. I'm about to reprimand him when the sweetest scent floods my senses. I fit perfectly in his arms and it's as if the world stopped, just for a moment, and every transgression, every beating slipped from my mind. Of course this second could only last for so long.

I attempt to push him away, but he is much stronger than me and doesn't even budge.

"Let go of me," the stern tone in my voice that broke the silence startled him enough for me to escape his grip. "WTF was that for?"

"What happened? Why did you do that to yourself?" he asks, acting completely oblivious to our history.

"Are you serious right now?" I wondered in complete shock. His facial expression remained unchanged. "Why do you think?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he looks down in shame.

I don't understand what's happening. Ryder isn't acting like himself. It's as if we went back in time to when we were friends.

"Seriously, what is going on right now? Is this a trick or a prank or something you can embarrass me with?" I'm very skeptical of his actions. I don't trust anything about him.

"No! No, nothing like that. I promise," the expression on his face was one I had not seen in years: concern. "Please lay here next to me,"

"What? No I will not," I scoffed.

He knowingly smiled, "I could tell you enjoyed my hug. This is just a longer version of that. Please?" my eyes are narrow, examining the situation. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise,"

I laughed, "you expect me to believe you? To just crawl in to bed and forget everything you've done to me? I don't think,"

"I understand why you are hesitant," he explains, then looks around my room and stands up. Ryder grabs a shirt and ties it in front of his eyes then slowly finds the bed again. "I can't hurt you if I can't see you, or at the very least, you will have a strong advantage over me. PLease just come to bed, I'm sure you're tired."

This has been an exhausting experience and he doesn't seem like the monster I deal with every day. Against my better judgement, I lie down next to him.

"Can we spoon?" He excitedly wonders.

"Um...I guess?" I say, unsure of my answer.

Ryder then wrapped his arm around my waist and nuzzled his face into the curve of my neck.

I've never been more confused then I am right now. What is happening?: Why is he so different? Who the f**k is this guy holding me because I sure as h*ll don't recognize him at all.

Before I could contemplate further, I was overcome by a wave of fatigue. One thought remained as sleep took over me: Does he love me or does he hate me?

A/N:

Hello again! I will not be uploading a new chapter this weekend as I have a lot planned but I will do my best to update sometime next week! I hope you liked this longer chapter. I looooved writing it because of the sorta romance and I like showing Ryder's nice side. There are so many secrets I wish I could share for this story, but I know it will all come in due time. So surreal to see the support I'm still receiving after being gone so long. Thank you to everyone who reads my chapters. I do read and sometimes reply to comments! You guys always crack me up with your reactions. Any way I'll stop gushing now. Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

Does Ryder love Tiana?

Why is he suddenly being nice?

Will he stay this way?

Tiana: probably not, lets be honest

Rachel: yeah I don't really trust most of my male characters

Tiana: I honestly wish I liked girls cause guys suck sometimes

Rachel: thank god I'm bi

Ryder: I can hear you!

Rachel: sorry not sorry

Vote

Comment

Follow