The Hunt

HOOK MAN

•    •    •    • Scarlett's POV •    •    •    •

"Let's go sweetheart." Dean says, I visibly flinch at the word sweetheart.

"Don't call me that, call me anything but that." I say getting into the car.

"Okay, let's go doll." Dean grins at her.

"Hey I noticed you don't really eat candies." Sam says turning back at me. "So I got you dried chili mango." He says handing it to me.

"Thank, uhh when I was younger my father ran tests on me to know what I was prone to, Diabetes is one of them, and I don't really have a craving for candies." I shrug. I open the bag of mango and I offer him some. He takes one.

"You want some Dean?" I ask. He takes one.

"So what's your deal?" Dean asks.

"Dead parents, missing best friend, almost died three times." I say like it's no big deal. "Don't look at me like that, I really don't want to spill my dark and twisties and then braid each other's hair." I say. Dean nods and smiles a little.

"So How's Mystic Falls like?" Sam asks.

"Small enough where you know almost everyone, big enough to avoid if you get into an argument. We have the Founders family, and we usually throw events. We have this thing call Miss Mystic Falls, it's kinda of like Cotillion, in a way we come out to society as young women." I say.

"Founding families? Aren't you're family apart of them?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, Gilberts are." I say.

"Dark secrets?" He asks.

"Like Meredith Grey in season one." I say. They both look at me confused. "Oh you got to be kidding me." I say. Sam shakes his head and a small smile spreads across his face. "Dude it's just like best medical show ever made, McDreamy is the way to go." I say. "That 70s show?" I ask. They look puzzled. "Ohh come on, am I in a car with a bunch of old people?" I ask.

"We don't watch chick shows." Dean says.

"That 70s show isn't a chick show, it's zen man. Or whatever or that's cool." I say a little smug.

"So how did your aunt agree to this?" Sam asks.

"I told her that I needed a break from Mystic Falls, I mean school is good. I turned in my applications." I say. Sam raises an eyebrow.

"I found out I'm adopted, I'm not a Gilbert." I say. Sam raises his eyebrows. "Wait it gets better, My mother is a hot shot surgeon, at a hospital nearby and my father has lived in Mystic Falls all his life, and my uncles are over a 100 years old. They're even part of the Founding Families." I say dropping the domb on them. "It's fine I got over it." I said.

"Have you talked to your real parents?" Sam asks, turning to look at me. I shrug.

"I don't know if I want to know them, I know they gave me away to protect me from my psychotic uncle Damon, and I just I don't know if I want to get to know them. I had two great parents, Grayson and Miranda Gilbert, they raised me as their own." I say. Sam nods. "To answer your question, I have spoke to my biological father once, I kinda saved his life from Damon." I say.

"How he's a vampire and he's almost 200 years old." Dean says confused. "Even if you pack a mean punch." He says.

"Look I'm swear you guys to secrecy, if you ever tell someone I will rip you apart or turn you into vampires and let the council take care of you." I say. They both nod.