A Life For A Life

"Mommy!"

"Your highness! Is the princess, okay?"

"Your highness! What happened to the mistress?!"

Heise, Roman and Alex both rushed towards them. Both of the men quickly assumed their attack stances when they saw who emerged from the water with their princess while the child went to warm his mother up immediately.

"What are you doing here?"

"What have you done to her?"

Roman and Alexander both interrogated the man, who was supposed to be back at their Empire still in a coma, but was sitting there across them and happened to rescue their princess.

What's happening?!

"Stand down, Alex, Roman. He still saved Adira. A life for a life."

They heard Casimir's voice command them before they relaxed their stance. But, that didn't mean they were not hostile with him anymore.

Also, even when their prince sounded relaxed, the glare and the frost in his eyes says otherwise.

Here, in front of him, was a man too obsessed with his wife that he almost damned her to hell. He could not forget that no matter how long it took or no matter what he did.

Just because he saved Adira, doesn't wipe all the sins he had done against her and the crown. This was just a one time thing.

He'll close his eyes about seeing him here in exchange for rescuing Adira from drowning.

However, even when both of Alex and Roman's blades were almost at his neck already, Leon's eyes were still fixated on Adira's unconscious form.

Raidyn, trying to distract the trio's attention away from Leon, approached Casimir and offered them a room in the palace for the princess to rest.

"Thank you, King Raidyn."

"No. It's partly my fault after all, Prince Casimir. I will also send the best palace doctor to your room to take a look at the princess. We can't take chances."

Casimir only nodded and, once again, offered his gratitude before turning his back on Leon's frozen outstretched hand.

...

"Your highness, do you think that was the best decision? To let that man go free?"

Roman questioned the abberance of Casimir's too mild decision. If it were the usual him, he'd have drawn his sword right then and there and shed blood—even if they were on foreign land.

Especially since the wife was out cold and cannot see this gruesome spectacle. Nothing should've stopped him.

"He saved Adira's life, Roman. I'm just repaying that debt."

"Yes, but wasn't he the one who endangered her life the last time?!"

"And I've paid that by almost killing him as well."

Casimir then turned his frosty eyes towards Roman's way and shut him up. He wasn't in the mood to discuss about Leon when he still hadn't heard from the doctor, who went in to go and check his wife.

What's taking him so long?

He groaned before leaning his head on both of his palms before they combed his hair up—expressing his utter frustration at being practically useless when Adira's life was in danger.

The door then creaked open and Casimir was already up his seat, wordlessly asking the doctor that came out how was his wife's condition.

The elderly doctor took one look at Casimir's haggard and worried face before giving the man a big gummy smile and shook his hands.