Chapter 13

"What the hell is going on here?" I broke off from Stefan's arm, and stared at Damon. Seriously, do these people just come in when they want to? I could feel a trail of blood about to slip past my chin, so I wiped it off on my white long sleeve. Damon was still standing there so I stood up and walked towards him.

"He uh..." Then I thought. "After Elena left, I was, literally skiing my palm on the counters, and something cut me open. Not that much, but Stefan offered to give me his blood to...cure it."

Wow. That was pretty good.

"How much did you give her?" he asked Stefan.

"Not much." Stefan seemed calm, which was good.

"Gemma, how much did he give you?"

I didn't say anything, and Stefan stood up, shoved his brother out the door, and closed it.

"Go away Damon, I'm trying to cure her. She allowed me to do so."

The door knob jiggled and Damon said, "Stefan, open the door."

"Leave, Damon."

Damon chuckled, not his regular laugh. "Stefan, open this door, or else-"

"Else what?" Stefan asked.

He was turned from me but I could tell he had his arms crossed. I'm guessing Damon and Stefan didn't always meet eye to eye.

"Or else when I open this door, I'm going to kill you."

Stefan didn't say anything, so I said, "Damon, please leave."

"Gemma, my brother still isn't himself. You can't really expect me to leave you with him, Elena would kill me."

"Exactly. You're doing this for Elena. Leave," I said quite offended.

He was only doing this for Elena. Not even for me anymore. Everything he did was for Elena now. It's as if he took pleasure that they would go on blood binges after one did something good.

"I'm not going until somebody opens this door."

I was about to respond, when I heard keys and the door lock click. The only one who had a key to my room was Jer. And, what do you know, there he was, keys in hand when Damon swung the door open.

"Damon, get out," I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not leaving until somebody explains to me what the hell is going on."

"I can explain that to you."

All of our heads swung to the door, and I stared at Elijah. He couldn't possibly be here, he had told me he wasn't coming back until he found what he had to find.

"You see, after I first fed Gemma my blood to heal her, I noticed something...strange. Every time I met up with her, that is." He took out a necklace from his pocket and held it up. "You have secretly been craving blood, but unlike us, you crave the undead's blood."

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about."

I looked at Jer, and he frowned. No, this couldn't be happening right now, not with Jer in the room.

"This necklace, it's got a hex. Apparently any doppelgänger's, girl, relative who wears it is the one who will be cursed. Gemma, that's you," Elijah said.

"Then how do we get rid of the curse?" Jer asked him.

Elijah sighed, and looked me straight in the eye. "Unfortunately Gemma has already started her cycle, it will be impossible. If she stops feeding, she will die. She will not stop feeding off every vampire she crosses. Including ourselves. There's only one way."