Chapter 35

I still do not trust him after that.

But I started to sympathize with him.

It was amazing of him to support his wife's child from other man.

It was currently summer vacation and my birthday is near.

It's on April 24.

As such, Mom asked Uncle Emilio and Bryan to stay since Dad will only arrive on my birthday and that will be 12 days from now. She said she'll be lonely with only the two of us.

After much pleading, Emilio agreed.

I also started to monitor Bryan's actions. I noticed that every night, he will sneak out and always say he will hang out at the convenience store. Mom and Uncle didn't say anything even if they had doubts, especially when they knew any moment the teenager will explode. I decided one night to follow him.

“Mom, can I come? I never knew what a convenience store was.” which is true in this case cause I never visited one in this world.

They looked dumfounded.

“What the hell Sylv, you didn't let him go there? You're too overprotective! ” Uncle laughingly said.

“Shut up! You didn't even let me go there when I was young! And you only let me when we were older!” Mom pouted.

Bryan looked conflicted, he doesn't seem to want me to tag.

After their bickering, we left. We decided we will just walk, well especially when we don't talk and I just follow him.

We arrived at our destination.

Nothing much different from what I used to see in the old world. But I still had to act amazed and like an ignorant kid since this is supposedly my first time.

“How do you pay here?” I asked.

“Pay at the cashier. Stay here, I got some call.”

I acted like I was looking at the shelves of goods. I positioned myself at the portion with a fixed mirror attached on the pillar.

Stupid kid.

If you were to talk to someone make sure I don't see it.

Because even if you look back to check I wasn't looking at you. I can definitely see your reflection.

And you were talking to a red haired woman who came out of a car. I guess this is your Mom.

Unless of course you're into older women.

***
Bryan's POV

“Mom! I told you before, you shouldn't drive at night. What if you got into an accident?”

“Ufufu, I can bear any hour and road just to see my baby.” Mom said as she hugged me.

Seriously, I am already 16 yet she treats me like a kid!

I kept it a secret to Dad that I'm seeing Mom. After the divorce, the court granted Mom visitation rights only and not full custody of me. They deemed her unsuitable to support me.

Curse them!

Dad doesn't even allow Mom to visit me. I really hate him.

“How long are you staying there?” she asked.

“Until Ethan's birthday, April 24.”