Chapter 37

Albert was able to save Dad and Mr. Robert. They were together since they are grilling some meat before the incident happened.

I saw him laying them down as soon as Bryan and I made it out of the house before it exploded again because of the gas leak.

I made sure I laid Laeticia down before I finally collapsed.

I am so happy.

I cried so much before I lose consciousness.

I was able to prevent my parents' death.

The ambulance and fire truck arrived after that.

***

I suffered some serious burns, especially my shoulder and it seems I fell in my back so the doctors strictly advised me not to move so much. After some tests, they found out there weren't some serious damage done to my spinal chord. They also stitched my head. After some weeks I was discharged. Mr. Robert, Dad and Lady Erica didn't suffer some serious injuries. Mr. Emilio on the other hand is still in comatose, with Bryan watching over him. Mom is sharing the same room with me, she injured her shoulders and is currently being treated here. Laeticia is also in a comatose state. The doctors are still monitoring her for some possibilities of internal hemorrhage.

After some weeks, it has only been the three of us who were left here.

The police investigated the house. They discovered there was a bomb on the second floor which where the explosion originated. They found it in a box, the said box had a huge compartment where the bomb lay.
The detonator was also found.

It was the music box.

Naturally, they questioned Bryan. Mom and Dad grew cold at him. He still couldn't believe his Mom would do that kind of thing. At first, he wasn't willing to admit who it was and kept insisting it was all a misunderstanding and that someone else was responsible for that. He only shut upped when the police show him how the music box had a complex wiring inside and a seemingly button looking thing inside which is activated by turning the box's key.

So that's the reason why his mother strictly forbade him from playing the tone before April 24 and while he is around.

He remembered how his father shielded him. Mom then also told him how Martha was only aiming at his and Emilio's inheritance. He begged to differ and said she was only framing her so Mom can haggle all of his supposed inheritance.

Slap!

“He is comatose right now..yet all you can think is his..well according to you..your 'inheritance'....You are truly that woman's child.” Mom said coldly while glaring at him.

Mom didn't tell him he wasn't Emilio's son. She's leaving it all up to her cousin to say it.

Bryan was left dumbfounded.

He confronted his mother and tried to call her. He wants to test her. Mom, Dad and the Ross couple managed to delay the news of our house burning so it wasn't yet widely known that we got in an accident.

“Hello Mom!”

“Hi sweety! What happened?”

“Mom! Help me! I don't know what happened!! Everything just exploded!! Why aren't there any news about their house burning?!? Help me! I'm so scared I hid because I was the only one alive, I thought they'll suspect me!”

“Sweety calm down, where are you?”

“Why are so calm?!”

“This is where it all begins Bryan. You can now have what is yours. Meet me at my boss's office. He can help us work with the transfer proceedings. I'll text you the address. I know this is hard but to have something you must sacrifice everything.”