Chapter 19 • Stormy past

When Eunha opened her eyes for the first time after falling asleep it wasn't because of the morning awakening her. It wasn't very peaceful either. A sharp loud crack echoed through the air as the first bolt of thunder hit a mountain somewhere close-by. It wasn't long after that a flash of lightning illuminated the dark room, another crack immediately following.

Eunha's heartbeat picked up so much that she was surprised her heart hadn't jumped out of her chest yet. Her eyes changed from widened in fear to tightly squeezed shut as she tried to ignore the storm. Her hands were desperately clasping at her ears, hoping the sounds would stop or at least startle her less.

Everything will be okay, you're inside, you're fine. You're-

Another loud noise took her by surprise, a soft gasp leaving her plump lips as she curled up in a ball, her whole body stiffened in absolute fear. She wanted to find her fluffy blanket that got lost with all the turning in her sleep, but feared opening her eyes because of the lightning. Instead she decided that hiding her face in her knees would have to do until she was brave enough to search for the blanket.

A soft sigh sounded from the man sitting on the couch. He hadn't been able to fall asleep, and especially now with the storm it would be difficult; he preferred sleeping in quiet places.
He stretched his arms above his head, another sigh leaving his lips as he opened his eyes. Immediately his dark orbs fell on Eunha who was curled up in a little ball, almost as if she was trying to become a rock.

His sharp eyebrows pulled in a frown as he observed her in confusion. Then as another flash of lightning coloured the room blue for a split second, he realized through her reaction that she was scared.

Her small frame was shaking violently with fear, a soft whimper sounding from her lips, though he could tell she was trying to be silent.

Normally he thought the fear of thunder ridiculous, just an act by people seeking attention or comfort by others, but for the first time he realized how real it could be. He watched Eunha, how she tried to escape the loud noises and bright lights. She was fighting the battle alone. She didn't try to wake the others to ask them to care for her, because she didn't want to disturb the other's night of rest.

That is what made Yoongi grab his book, quietly performing a little spell before putting the thing away again. He  scooted to his left, leaving a little space between himself and the armrest, before invitingly holding up his blanket.
"Little lamb."

The nickname made Eunha freeze in surprise at first.
Oh no, had she disturbed his sleep again? Was he going to curse at her as well?
Very carefully the girl peeked in the direction of the voice, eyes softening as she saw the green-haired doll nodding his head at the tiny space beside him. "Come here."

Without any trace of hesitation the girl quickly stood up, carefully stepping over a sleeping Hoseok, and snuggled in the little spot next to Yoongi.

As soon as she sat down, the man tugged the blanket around her, hoping to create some kind of safe atmosphere for the terrified girl. He had never done anything like this before, he didn't know what to do exactly so he decided to just go with his gut feeling.

He engulfed her slightly clammy hands in his, leaving them to rest on his thigh comfortingly. Their shoulders were touching from sitting so close to one another, yet it didn't feel like too much. It was just the right amount of skinship.

"I'm sorry." Eunha's voice was soft and fragile as she spoke. She felt stupid being so scared for something like thunder. Embarrassed as well.

"Don't apologize. Everyone has got their fears," His rough thumb drew circles on the back of her small hands, the action tender and comforting.
"You're allowed to feel scared as well."