Chapter 39

I returned back to America.

Albert was waiting for me at the airport.

“Grandpa!” I hugged him.

He seemed shocked. He pushed me and looked me up and down.

“Young Master, you have certainly grown up as a splendid man!”

I laughed.

“How is she?” I asked while he leads the way to the car.

He knows I'm talking about Laeticia.

“The young lady grew up. Though it breaks my heart to see how the bubbly angel turned into a gloomy and objective-minded one. She turned herself in the epitome of a perfect lady for Richard Henney.”

“Does...does she remember me?” I asked.

He didn't respond.

I knew it. I shouldn't have expected.

“But she constantly visits the rose garden. When the young lady is trying to remember things, the Madam allowed the Ross family to visit the garden. We separated the garden and moved the house in another land. The garden is now the first one to see when you enter the estate.” he said.

The garden was unharmed during the fire. The house was also installed with a lot of sprinkler and alarms ever since that day. Every packages and visitors were also scanned thoroughly  to avoid that accident from ever happening again.

“She still likes roses. ” Albert said.

I smiled at that.

“How is the plum blossom tree?”

“Perfectly fine, sir. It's just not blooming right now because it's not yet winter, but the wisteria is in full bloom and the roses too. We even planted a cherry blossom. It came from a friendly old lady from Japan.” he laughed.

Ace's grandma gave some seeds? I winder if it will grow.

“Don't worry, it will certainly grow.” he seemed to read my mind.

“By the way, I bought this for you.”
I gave him a pocket watch. I know how much he likes it because he had a collection of it.

“Why thank you, young master. You certainly know how to curry favor now haha.” he joked.

“How is Uncle Emilio?” I asked.

He woke up 3 years ago and I heard he quit working at Aesteir due to shame.

“The Madam forced him to go back. He is now not just a secretary but the Marketing Director. He deserves that much after all he gave up to ensure Madam inherited that company without any trouble.”

I'm glad. He deserves that after all his hardwork and sacrifice.

“How is Bryan?”

Albert's face turned sour.

“That boy is now friends with Richard.” he gloomily said.

My mood turned sour at that.

***

I befriended Richard Henney.

My father was against it too. Everyone was against it.

But I'm doing this for their sake.

I honestly believe Laeticia will be happier with my cousin. Especially since I learned how arrogant that man is and how he ignores her whenever I am with him. Heck, I think I conversed more to her than him.