kenopsia

kenopsia

-

the eerie, forlorn atmosphere of a place that is usually bustling

with people but is now abandoned and quiet.

Harry and Adelaide walked into the church hall, hand in hand, prepared to pay their respects to Cassandra Pressman. Addy knew the two would be suspects, considering their feud with Cassandra, but none of them were capable of shooting the girl. 

Harry was dressed in a black suit and Addy in a black knee-length dress. Looking around they were greeted by the glares of most of the teens sat in the church. Adelaide couldn't help but feel guilty. Guilty she wasn't as comforting to Cassandra, guilty she didn't follow her rules. 

Just as they were about to take a seat next to Elle and Campbell, Will paced over to the couple. "You guys have a lot of balls." He stated, looking between the two overdressed adolescents. 

"Hey, man" Harry begun, "I get that you're upset but-" Will furrowed his eyebrows before interrupting, "We all know how you felt about Cassandra, Harry. You were super fucking clear. You too," Will looked towards Adelaide, "so go. Now." 

Adelaide rolled her eyes before beginning to walk over to Elle, who was watching their interaction from afar. Campbell had already rose from his seat, ready to defend his friend. Will put his hand on Addy's arm aggressively, trying to stop the girl from entering. "Hey, get the fuck out!" he shouted.

Adelaide winced at his tight grip on her arm, trying to remove it from his hold. Harry tried to help her, but Will pushed him away. Grizz and Gordie rushed between the two. "Don't touch her, man." Grizz removed Will's hand, shoving him back slightly. Addy gave him a small appreciative nod. Gordie turned to face Will, "What are you doing, isn't this bad enough already?" he asked. 

Will replied, his gaze still fixed on Adelaide, "Allie doesn't need to see them." Gordie shook his head, whispering slightly. "Allie doesn't give a shit about them right now. You're making this worse, alright, just leave it." 

Will sighed before giving in, "At the back." he stated sharply before returning to a heartbroken Allie Pressman, who was positioned on the front row. She stood up at the front of the church after everyone had settled.

Pausing for a moment, her eyes watered. "My sister, Cassandra, was good." She looked over at her corpse, lifeless on the table. "She was a good person. She was captain of the debate team, you didn't want to argue with her."

Addy looked down, feeling nothing but remorse for the vulnerable girl stood before her. Harry placed his hand on her leg, comforting the girl, also feeling the same remorse. 

"Who did this?" Allie continued, looking around at the kids. "Who shot my sister? Why did you do that? We needed her!" she began to break down, tears rolling down her cheeks. Will rushed over and held her in his arms.