19. Anti-Dementor Lessons

Y/N's POV

Classes started again the next day. It was now Defence Against the Dark Arts that I was keen to get to, after my conversation with Wood, I wanted to get started on my Anti-Dementor lessons as soon as possible.

"Ah yes," said Lupin, when I reminded him of his promise at the end of class, "let me see...how about eight o'clock on Thursday evening? The History of Magic classroom should be large enough..."

He finished his sentence by telling me that I should bring Harry as well then I left.

"Still looks ill, doesn't he?" said Ron as we walked down the corridor, heading to dinner. "What d'you reckon's the matter with him?"

There was a loud and impatient 'tut' from behind us. It was Hermione, she had been sitting behind us, repacking her bag, which was so full of books it wouldn't close.

"And what are you tutting at us for?" said Ron irritably.

"Nothing," said Hermione, heaving her bag back over her shoulder.

"Yes, you were," said Ron, "I said I wonder what's wrong with Lupin, and you-"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" said Hermione, with a look of superiority.

"If you don't want to tell us, don't." snapped Ron.

"Fine," said Hermione haughtily, and she marched off.

I quickly gave Ron a look and rushed forward, catching up with Hermione.

"You know don't you." I said.

She looked at me, I carried on. "You know he's a werewolf."

It was risky exposing such information that I promised to keep secret but I was almost a hundred percent sure Hermione knew.

She nodded. "Yeah, I realised it when Snape took the lesson."

I smirked. "Well that means I beat you to it Granger."

She rolled her eyes, then she asked me softly. "Are you mad at me Y/N?"

"I'm not, sure you may have robbed me of the world's best broom but I'm sure you had good intentions." I replied, smiling at her.

Hermione nodded, she did have good intentions.

"I reckon Harry and Ron are a bit annoyed though, so maybe give them some time." I added.

At eight o'clock on Thursday evening, me and Harry left Gryffindor Tower for the History of Magic classroom. It was dark and empty when we arrived, but I lit the lamps with my wand and had waited only five minutes when Professor Lupin turned up carrying a large case, which he heaved onto Professor Binn's desk.

"What's that?" asked Harry.

"Another Boggart," said Lupin, taking off his cloak, "I've been combing the castle, and very luckily, I found this one lurking inside Mr Filch's filing cabinet. It's the nearest we'll get to a real Dementor. The Boggart will turn into a Dementor when he sees Harry, so we'll be able to practice on him. I can store him in my office when we're not using him, there's a cupboard under my desk he'll like."

"Do I just stand at the side?" I asked, my Boggart didn't turn into a Dementor.

Lupin nodded. "Harry will have to be the one to face the Dementor but you can still practice the spell Y/N."

"Okay," I said.

"So..." Professor Lupin had taken out his own wand and indicated that me and Harry should do the same, "the spell I am going to try and teach you is highly advanced magic,well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level. It is called the Patronus Charm."