Chapter 21 Confrontation

It was late in the evening when Astrid and Charlie hear the front door burst open. They can listen to Bella crying, yelling at Edward.

“I said, leave me alone!” Bella screams.

“Bella, don't do this. Just think about it, please.”

“Get out! It's over.” Bella slams the door in Edward's face.

Astrid and Charlie look at each other. Charlie gets off the couch to check on Bella.

“Bella, what happened?”

“I have to get out of this place out of Forks. I'm leaving. Now.”

Bella runs upstairs with Charlie following behind her. Astrid comes out of the living room to stand in the foyer. Now, Astrid knows Bella. She knows her very well, and Astrid could always tell when Bella was lying, and right now she's lying about something. Astrid can hear Charlie asking Bella if Edward hurt her and if he broke up with her. Bella tells Charlie that she broke up with Edward, and that's why she needs to go home.

Astrid leans against the door frame and watches as Bella comes charging down the stairs with Charlie following her, “Your mother's not even in Phoenix.”

“She'll come home, I'll call her from the road.”

“You can't drive home now. I'll take you to the airport in the morning.”

“I want to drive. I need time to think. I'll pull into a motel in a few hours. I promise.”

Bella is almost to the door, but Charlie blocks her, “Bells, I know I'm not around much, but I can change that. We can do more things together.”

“Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the diner. Same people, same steak, same berry cobbler every night? That's you and Astrid, Dad. Not me.”

“Bella, I just got you back.”

“And if I don't get out now, I'm going get stuck here as mom did.”

Charlie is stunned by what Bella has just said. Bella takes the opportunity to leave the house. Astrid moves towards the door, “I'll talk to her, Dad.”

Astrid leaves the house, she rushes after Bella and grabs her by the wrist, “What the fuck are you doing?”

“I'm leaving.”

“Why, I know you're lying Bella. You can't lie to me.”

Bella gives her sister a pleading look, “Astrid, please, let me go.”

“Fine, I'm coming with you.”

“NO!”

“If I don't come with you I'm going to tell Dad you're lying.”

“Fine get in.”

Astrid jumps in the passenger side of the truck then Bella takes off. After a while, Edward appears, He's shocked to see Astrid in the truck.

“What the hell is she doing here?”

“Astrid wouldn't let me leave unless she came along.”

Edward sighs, he climbs into the cab and assures Bella that Charlie will forgive her. Astrid stares at Bella and Edward, “What the fuck is going on?”

Bella and Edward look at each other than tell Astrid everything that happened. Astrid reaches over Bella and punches Edward in the face. He swerves a little on the road.

“I knew something like this was going to happen if Bella went out with you! You son of a bitch.”

Suddenly they hear a thud and Bella screams, “It's just Emmett and  Alice is following behind us,” Edward tells her.