23

make sure to read chapter 22!

+

Dara bids goodbye to Taehyung and Jungkook who just spent a whole 4 hours helping her email the head of the department of Computer Science to take action on whoever made the post and is spreading rumours whilst also trying to cheer her up.

They still refused to leave until Dara told them she just wants to be alone for now.

She's really grateful and thankful for them. But the one person who should be by her side, where's he now?

She checks her phone again, expecting a reply from him but the screen only greets back with a 'delivered' sign under her last message.

She feels bad towards the two guys. They ran to her and they are the ones who kept her company yet, she's still hiding stuff from her and she still wants him to be the one beside her right now out of everyone.

She really despise some people -- the way they just hastily believe a post they see online and proceed to make malicious comments about her when they don't even know her. There are still other good ones who try to protect her though but the bad always takes over the good.

Yes, some parts of the post were true, such as the parts where they mentioned about her making out in the lift and in the laundry room. In her defence, it was 4am and it was empty. Of course, they thought no one would come in and even if someone did, they didn't think that someone would even care. They are in university, not high school or middle school!

All of the actions were with only one boy. She doesn't even know what boy toys the post was talking about. Taken guys? Far away. 

She doesn't even flirt with anyone except that one person, she's head over heels for -- that one person who is just ignoring her right now out of all the times.

She takes a deep breath and types in a message again.

"Jimin..?"

+

- throwback -

- chapter 3 - [ this means, this throwback session is connected with chapter 3, in other words ]

- italic & bold words: dara's thoughts

"Hey," A soothing voice interrupts her studying session.

Her eyes slightly widen at the sight of him, looking good like always.

"Oh — Hi, Jimin." She smiles, keeping her stuffs to her side as she sees him pull out the chair.

"You should take a rest. It has been hours." Jimin says, crossing his arms on the desk.

"How do you know?"

"I've been watching you." He replies bluntly, catching her off guard. "My shift just ended."

"Maybe you should start focusing in your work and not on me." She teases but returns her gaze to her macbook in front of her when his stare is becoming too much for her to handle.

"I will try." He chuckles. "But seriously, doesn't your back hurt? Are your eyes even okay with that constant looking at the screen?"

"No," She frowns. "I'm sure my eyesight is getting worse."

"Don't you have glasses?" He asks.

"I do but I only wear them when I'm like watching a movie, or walking."

"I see," He nods. "Take a rest. Do you want to grab something to eat— or maybe, drink?"

"Yes!" She lets out a small squeal at the mention of food. Quickly closing her laptop and literally forcing it into her backpack, she gets up from her seat, followed by Jimin.