Chapter 11: The Morning After

Harry woke up. For a moment he thought all of last night was a dream, telling Draco about how he read the letters, how he comforted him, and how they had kissed. Was it real? He kept asking himself as he put on his glasses and left his room. Suddenly, Harry was thrown against the wall, he opened his eyes to see Draco crowding over him and a hungry look in his eyes, "Morning," he said, watching Harry's lips carefully.
"Morni-" he said, but was cut off by Draco's lips crushing into his, a symphony of salt and apples filled his mouth as it got more and more passionate.
Kissing Draco felt like a dream coming true, but he broke away to speak, "what time is it?"
"7?" Draco answered, "why?"
"We have 15 minutes," Harry said, and pulled Draco towards the sofa and down on top of him, kissing him harder than before...

Hermione walked down the corridor to Harry and Draco's dorm, her frizzy hair pulled back and Griffindor robes on her shoulders.
She and Harry had a first period, Ron was going to watch Ginny practice quidditch, so Hermione had time to push Harry about the topic with him and Malfoy.
She pushed open the door quietly just in case they were still asleep, and snuck in slowly. As she walked into the living room, she saw two people on the sofa, passionately kissing, theirs hands creeping up each other's shirts. She realised who them two people were, "Harry...?"
Immediately he pushed Draco off him and sat up, wiping his mouth, "H-Hermione, what are you doing here?" He asked, Draco cleared his throat and tried to remove himself from the situation, but Hermione grabbed a hold of him and pushed him back onto the sofa next to Harry.
"Explain, everything," she said firmly.

"... and that leads to now," Harry finished, Draco had gone a light red and was looking down at his feet.
"So are you dating?" Hermione asked.
Harry looked at Draco, "Well, we weren't going to rush into labelling anything." Draco nodded, and left to go into the bathroom.
She waited for the bathroom door to close before she jumped up and grabbed a hold of Harry's hands, "Oh Merlin Harry, this is great!" Hermione exclaimed.
"Keep it down," Harry said anxiously, "Oh and we don't want you to tell anyone about this, okay?"
"Not even Ron?" Hermione questioned seriously.
"Well the original plan was to not tell anyone until we decided on what we exactly were, but you walked in so that plan kind of backfired."
"I'll keep it a secret, you can trust me," she mentioned.
He relaxed his shoulders, "I know I can, Thankyou."

Meanwhile...
Dean and Seamus has been beating themselves up for days about the whole 'Harry's crush' situation. Deans mind kept wandering to the fact Harry could be gay, but Seamus was sure that if he was he would have told everyone by now.
"I don't know why you think he would just tell everyone," Dean argued, "I mean why would he? It's his secret he might not want anyone knowing. He might hate himself for it."
"Dean, Harry's trusts us, if he was gay he would tell his friends."
"He could be confused?" Dean wondered.
"I don't think so, he's had crushes on girls before."
"They could have been a cover-up or something like that." Dean rubbed the back of his neck. By Seamus's expression, he wasn't buying it. "He could be scared?" Dean flopped down onto the sofa.
"Please, Harry Potter... Scared? He killed Voldemort!" Seamus reminded.
"True, but-"
"No 'but', Harry just doesn't have a crush, or we got the potion wrong."  Seamus swung his bag over his shoulder and left for the Great Hall.

Hermione had left to go to the Great Hall, Harry was just about to leave to meet her and Ron when Draco came out his room, "where are you going?"
"The Great Hall, you coming?" Harry asked, adjusting his shirt sleeves and slipping on his robes.
"Yeah, okay then. hang on." He retreated back to his room to grab his bag, then left his room to join Harry at his side.
They both left for the Great Hall, blushing and sharing small, quick glances at each other.
In the Hall, tables were filled with students and plates of food scattered around. Ron was shovelling food into his mouth as Hermione watched disgusted as she tried to read, "Do you ever stop eating?" She moaned at him, but he just tried to get even more into his mouth to wind her up.
Harry gestured for Draco to follow him, they found a space next to Hermione, "hey guys."
"What is he doing here?" Ron said immediately.
"Got a problem weasel?" Draco replied, but instantly regretted it when Harry elbowed him in the ribs, "I mean, I was invited here, by Harry."
"I wanted him to sit with us, which I'm hoping is ok?" Harry asked.
Hermione shot him a soft smile, "Of course it is, sit."
Ron pulled a disappointed look, then resumed to his food when Hermione glared at him.
Harry and Draco sat down, and Hermione started about how the homework was too easy.
"Really? You are complaining how it was easy? Are you mental?" Ron exclaimed, taking another mouthful of his food, "I honestly worry about you sometimes, you know that?" Harry laughed, and Draco's heart skipped a few beats.
Draco zoned out, Ron and Hermione's voices becoming distant. He looked back on everything that had happened these last days, how he and Harry had gotten closer this week than ever. How they had shared so many moments, how the crush he developed in year two was finally being recognised as a crush. He also realised how friendly Hermione and Ron really were, they had always thrown mean comments back at him when Draco had started it, but when the tension wasn't thick and the loathing was removed from the situation, they were genuine people.
He shook his thoughts out his mind, and decided to join in on the conversation, "so does anyone know the answer to number 7?"

~~~~~
A/N
Sorry if this chapter took longer than usual (as my best friend told me it did😂) but I was busy with school and dealing with family issues so I was distracted but I'm now hopefully back to trying to write as much as I can.

Youtube link in bio

Thank you for 1k reads :)