The Letter

Jevan's POV

"Dear Mrs. Hollen,

Season Greetings!

This letter might come as a shock to you but it's sincerely coming from my heart and I believe this would be a lovely gesture instead of a plain text message.

Mrs. Hollen, from the bottom of my heart, I'm greatly sorry for hurting your son by toying with his emotions.
I never imagined things to become so hostile and vile between us because I love him so much and I care about his feelings.

I was selfish and foolish and allowed a good thing to depart from me but I'm willing to right my wrongs.

You must be asking yourself why I'm saying this to you instead of Jevan. The truth is, he hates me. I don't blame him. I would hate me too if I was in his position but as I said, I love him. I care about him and I've changed my ways.

Jevan adores you so much as his mother so I'm kindly asking for your forgiveness and for your blessings in talking to Jevan to take me back.

All I need is one more chance, Mrs. Hollen. Just one. And I promise I'll be better, I'll do better because I wouldn't want to disappoint Jevan again. He means the world and more to me.

I'm not perfect. I can be crazy with a bit of an attitude but I'm truly working on it and if Jevan is mine again, I believe he will help me become a better person. I love him so much. I can't stress how sorry I am.

Well, I've got to go now. Hope you and the family enjoy the holidays.

-Brooke."

I watched my mother neatly fold the letter in four halves and placed it on the table after reading it to me.

"So, she wrote a letter," I stated the obvious.

"She really did. What do you think?"

"I think she's very desperate now and it's annoying. Brooke needs to understand that I've lost all feelings for her and I'm not into her anymore. Honestly, the letter was sweet but it's too little, too late."

I eyed Adobi chatting with my sister across from my mother and myself.

It was the Christmas holidays and I was back home with my family while school was out.
I invited Adobi along with me so she can spend the holidays with me.

We became closer over the past months but there was a feeling I didn't want to face because it would bring nothing but guilt and anger.

"Adobi seems like a sweet girl," my mother said, drawing my attention back to her.

"She really is. We take similar classes together. The first day I saw her, I was..."

But when I looked at Adobi again, I saw Blossom's face.

What the F... Am I going crazy?"

Shaking my head, everything adjusted back to normal.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. I need an apple." I picked myself off the couch and went to the refrigerator for some fresh apples. I then went to the indoor pool and got my feet in the water.

I missed her. Even when I tried to forget about her and get my life together, she would pop up in my dreams or on Adobi's face.

"Hey," a voice startled me.

"Hey," I responded.

Adobi sat down next to me and got her feet in too. "So I overheard your mom reading you that letter. Is that why you're now looking sad?"