17 - Spill the tea.

I highly recommend that you listen to Aurora's favorite song while reading this chapter. Why? Because it's a damn good song.

Aurora
A few weeks had passed, and it was Halloween. Every year, on the night of Halloween, Emerson's mom, Lisa, would hold a party at her house where you dress up as the modern version of costumes. This was the first year we decided to come. Adrian and I weren't dating, necessarily, but we've definitely been flirting.

And, I mean, flirting.

He has called me baby on numerous occasions. He comes over to my house a couple times a week, just to sit on the couch, and watch Netflix. Just last week, he had forced me to watch the entire "Fast and Furious" franchise, in the span of a week. At one point, he scared the shit out of me when he climbed in through my window, and sat at the edge of my bed. I swear I about shit myself.
Oh, and he laughed. Laughed.

Because he made me watch, the entire franchise of "Fast and Furious," I made him watch all the Disney princess movies. I really hurt his pride with that one. I wonder if Hunter knew I made him watch them.

For the Halloween party, I dressed up as

the Greek goddess, Persphone, and Adrian was portraying Hades. He was suited for the part, that's for sure. My outfit consisted of a magenta off-the-shoulder blouse, a pair of golden ripped jeans that weren't actually made of gold, a pair
of golden, diamond encrusted heels. And the jewelry I had chosen was black. To finish up my look, I  added a black flowered crown, which was a bit uncomfortable. Adrian had already pretty much looked like Hades. He was wearing a dark blue tshirt and black jeans. Instead of his leather jacket, he had paired it with a jean jacket. He had added a pair of Converse because I couldn't convince him to change them.

Also, Adrian can't keep his hands to himself. I have to keep scolding him for attempting to smack my ass.

At this point, I'm just waiting for him to make whatever we are official. We're definitely not friends, that's for sure. Because I'm pretty sure friends don't make out, in the dark, while we're watching a movie. That happened more than once, by the way.

Once I had finished applying pink lipstick to my lips, I turned to face Adrian. He grabbed his truck keys off the counter, and led me outside. After quite some time, I finally managed to get into the passenger seat of his Black Ram. He laughed at my mortification. Honestly, I liked his truck a hell of a lot more than my Cadillac. When I rode with Adrian, I sang every song on the radio at the top of my lungs, and we burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter after each song.

Adrian would drive on back roads, with his windows down and Hot 96 blasting from his speakers. My car rides consisted of me screaming at stupid idiots who make me spill my coffee.

When we arrived at Emerson's house, where we had agreed to meet up, she pulled me into a hug.

"Holy shit, you look beautiful, Aurora!" Emerson exclaimed, flashing me a wide smile that showed her perfect teeth.

"You do, too!" I tell her, giving her a smile in return.

Emerson certainly pulled off the Aphrodite look. Her auburn curls hung loose over her shoulders. For her outfit, she had chosen her favorite red dress that had a sweetheart neckline.