R+E

WARNING: one homophobic slur and some It chapter 2 spoilers.
Also, derryswheezy gave me the idea. Thanks again :).

Richie was still shocked by what happened at the arcade. Yeah, the run in with pennywise in the park spooked him too, but he really couldn't care in that moment.

He was walking home, trying to gather his thoughts.

I am a faggot.

Maybe i wouldn't be one if not for Eddie... No. It's not his fault. I'm just angry by what Bowers said. Actually, it's no ones fault, not even mine.

He recently finally accepted that part of himself, but today he was caught off guard. He felt like he climbed a mountain, than tripped on a rock and fell all the way back down.

That night he went home and drowned his thought's in music.

The next day he was supposed to meet the Losers at the club house. He still was upset about what the bully said, but he can't do anything about it. He can't do anything for most people to like him.

If they are so close minded and can't let people of the same gender love each other, they can go fuck themselves.

He was biking not even realising he wasn't going towards the Barrens. He stopped by the Kissing bridge and got off his bike.

This will remind me of my true self. And no one will know who it is about. It will my dirty little secret. He chuckled, getting his pocket knife and finding a clear spot.

He started to carve a big R and a + but then he stopped.

Should I really do this? He hesitated for a bit. He thought about the asthmatic boy and all the things he liked about him.

Yeah, I should.  He continued carving, not even caring if someone came by. They wouldn't know anyway. There are plenty of girls that it could be about.

He finished and looked at his work  proud of himself for displaying who he really is, not considering that no one will know.

He stared at it for a bit longer.

"RICHIE!" He heard his favourite voice.

Shit.

He quickly got up, and covered the carving with his hands. He looked behind, seeing Eddie aproaching him on his bike.

"Richie! I have been looking everywhere for you! We were supposed to meet 2 hours ago!"

How long was i thinking for? He looked at the shorter boy as the latter continued rambling.

"I thought something happened to you and i left the others and biked around town to find you! Are you okay? Why are you at The kissing bridge?"

Richie blushed and looked back at his hands covering the mark.

"Oh, you know, I was just making out with your mom, but she left cause she was embarrassed for you to see us." He tried to joke, but Eddie could hear the slight panic in his voice. What was he doing? He looked from Richie to his hands and back. Oh

"Were you... carving yours and someones initials?"

"Well of course, i just told you i was making out with your mother. She insisted we do this." He again tried to annoy the boy in dropping the subject. And even if Eddie was annoyed, he wanted to know why Richie was so panicked. It's okay to do that if you like someone. Everyone does it.

"Richie, did you get a girlfriend and didn't tell us?"

"Eds. I told you twice before and a lot of times in the past. Your mom is my girlfriend." Eddie huffed.