CHAPTER 17 BUCKET LIST

The trio at the pool had done two rounds of tequila shots, then run out of limes. It was for the best, as they were all drunker than they would admit. They were all nursing hard lemonades.

JK leaned forward. "I can't wait till the London concert."

Jimin grinned and held out his bottle for a toast. "To the O2 Arena!" Emmi and JK clinked their bottles on his.

"You won't cry this year!" he said to JK.

Emmi looked at him with concern. "Why did you cry?"

JK shook his head. "I was so pissed. I cut my foot and couldn't dance. This year I'll make up for it!"

"We work so hard to perform well. It's disappointing when we can't," Jimin said.

Emmi got really quiet, then took a deep breath. "No more talk of disappointing. I don't want to think about sad stuff."

Jimin looked at her with a serious expression. " Are you sure you're ok? That was really shitty what happened to you today."

"I'm trying not to think about it. I feel... I don't know how I feel."

Both the guys waited patiently for her to continue.

"I feel mad because I was lied to. I feel stupid for not realizing he was a total asswipe. I can't decide if it's better or worse that he chose a guy over me. I mean... I'm not a guy so I'm not his type. Or maybe I'm such a bad partner that he went clear to the other gender. I guess it doesn't really matter who he's with. He chose somebody else over me. I just feel... just... inadequate... and ... undesirable."

"Emmaline, you are beautiful, and so much fun," JK said, a little embarrassed.

"I didn't say all that so y'all could give me compliments," Emmi said with a sad chuckle. "That's like when your mom tells you you're pretty. It doesn't count."

Jimin knew exactly what she needed to hear. He looked at her with an intense gaze. "I would fuck you," he said quietly.

Emmi's jaw dropped. "Whaaat?... Really?"

JK piped up, " Me too. I would definitely do you!"

Emmi looked back and forth between them with wide eyes. Then she grinned at them and drawled, "I couldn't possibly choose between the two of you."

JK, mortified that he had blurted out something like that, was fidgeting with his bottle. Jimin, on the other hand, met Emmi's gaze and said, "You don't have to choose."

JK, eyes still on his bottle, missed the heat in Jimin's gaze. "That's right. Brothers shouldn't fight over girls."

The silence thickened and JK looked up when Emmi whispered, "Are you serious?"

Jimin smirked, "If you would be comfortable with us both."

It was JK's turn to be shocked. "Wait... "
He pointed to himself then Emmi then Jimin with a question in his big brown eyes.

"Are you down?" Jimin asked him.

JK's eyes grew round. "I am not sucking your dick!"

Jimin said sassily, " This ain't about you!" then giggled. "What do you say, Emmi?"

"Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm saying this. But it IS on my bucket list." She covered her face with her hands.

Jimin grinned and held out his bottle again. "To checking things off our bucket lists!"

Emmi met JK's eyes. He nodded.

"To bucket lists," she said.

The three clinked bottles, downed their drinks and headed arm in arm, in arm, toward the house.