FORTY-SIX

"Mike! Mike!" Karens motherly voice rang inside of y/n's ears, her legs numb and against her knees on the wet concrete ground, Will's arms tightly wrapped around the girl as she continued to weep, meanwhile Joyce ran to her eldest son and hugged him as tight as possible.

All on y/n's mind was her parents, she had the fantasy that they were about to run in that parking lot and yell at the top of their lungs for her, she was just praying thy they would, even when having comforting words whispered into her ear from Will, she still felt alone and trapped in her own room.

she felt stuck in that black void her and eleven recently explored inside of. The room was endless and no-one would ever visit and be able to just hold you until you just disappeared.

She felt such a burden thinking that to herself since her ex-boyfriend was currently comforting her as if he too was in her small void that had endless corners. Even though will didn't have a clue what to say or do knowing this would be absolutely rough for y/n to get over, he continued to stay by her side and notes to himself that he will do for as long as she needs to.

"Y/n!" A voice yelled, both teenagers heads lifted up, it was a warm panicked mother voice. "Y/n?" The girl looked to see it was Karen Wheeler calling out for her, leaving her husband hugging with their only son and had Holly running at her mothers thigh meanwhile asleep in the stroller was Sammie.

"Mommy! She's there!" Holly told we mom, pointed towards the hysterical girl, barely looking up from where she was place in wills arms.

"Y/n, my love are you okay?" She questioned the teenager, crouching down so she was around Holly's height but looking down to y/n - who pulled away from Will and stared at the woman oddly, she noticing this and shook her head towards y/n sadly.

No words could leave y/n's tongue and she became frozen in her little trance just having karen out of all people to look so upset and concerned about y/n.

"Listen, joyce, your ma," she paused looked up to Will and turned her gaze towards the girl again. "She told me everything when I was with mike and ted, if you want you can live with me, I'll happily add a spare two people into the dining tables and plates for my household," she smiled down to the girl who couldn't even make a noise to begin with.

Y/n almost felt like she couldn't breathe, not even an hour ago she was getting dragged away by some monster now she was being offered to live Mikes family purely because her parents are believed to be dead.

"I-it's okay if you don't want to and you prefer to stay round your grandparents or something, o-or your auntie or uncle, but if you feel like you and Sammie want to be somewhere else than your relatives my home is always on offer for you two," she told her, tears only brimming inside of y/n's eyes.

She had no relatives. Her mothers parents died during her teenage years and her fathers parents perished before y/n could even remember, her only memory of her grandparents that she could barely vision and believes it was a figment of her imagination was when her granddad was taking her to the park along with her grandmother, the three sharing Ice creams on a bench.

"Please," y/n begged towards the bleach blonde woman, her lips stretched out, sadly. "I would love that Karen," she told her and watched the mother of three smile up to y/n.

"Get back from the mall!" A man yelled, causing all eyes to look towards him and a couple other firemen to sprint away from the building. "It's collapsing move back!" He called out again.

Will helped y/n up swiftly as Karen jumped up instantly, Will took hold of Holly and placed her on his back running further away from the building, Y/n at his heels and Karen jogging with the stroller gliding past too.

Fewer people came running just behind them, that includes some medics and the others in the party when a sudden wave washed over their back and a loud crash onto the floor.

the star court mall had burned to the ground in fire.

how y'all feeling about these previous chapters then?