FORTY-EIGHT

"Wow it's so empty now," y/n announced at the door of Wills room watching as he grabbed the last lot of board games he had. Startled, he jumped up with his box of dungeons and dragons in his hands, he smirked looking at the girl, without her sling on her arm anymore, wearing a red top with her yellow parachute pants and suspenders with little patterns in red, yellow and green.

"I know, the carpet so dusty I keep sneezing," he announced, walking over to the door watching the smile creep on y/n's face. "Where's Sammie?" He questioned, she unfolded her arms and stood up straight.

"With Mike, he's feeding her at the minute," she told him, the two heading towards the kitchen.

"I still can't believe you're a Wheeler now," he announced as y/n giggled.

"I know," she told him and smiled faintly, still traumatised with the fact her parents bodies were never found and from what Joyce gathered, they were most definitely dead.

They stepped into the kitchen together as Will stepped towards the 'donations' box and placed inside his dungeons and dragons board game, meanwhile max and lucas teased dustin by singing the never ending story.

"Woah, dude that's the donation box," Mike announced, as Will looked up, watching as y/n took her younger sibling into her hands and placed her on her hip, bouncing her lightly.

"Yeah I know, I'll just use yours when I come back... if you still want to play," Will told him, mike looked towards his friends and chewed the inside of his cheek.

"Yeah, but what if you wanna join another party?" Mike questioned as Will smirked at the raven haired boy.

"Not possible," Will responded, before turning on his heel towards the back door after watching the small smile against Mikes lips.

"Where's Nancy?" Y/n asked, standing beside Mike, watching him pack little salt shakers and glasses inside bubble wrap and placed them inside of a box.

"Talking with Johnathan, Sammie ate the whole freaking jar of food," Mike announced pointed towards the green goop of food.

"Gross," y/n announced, and looked to Sammie with her hand in her mouth, pulling it away from her.

"Greedy guts," Mike announced, smiling at his youngest sister and poked her cheek and watched her giggle.

-

Everything was packed and ready to go, the piles of boxes inside the moving van along with Joyce's already bought furniture.

Everyone was outside of the house, joyces car was parked just in front of the van as the kids stood just beside it.

"Will," y/n spoke to the crying brunette, she passed Sammie over to Joyce as she grabbed an object from her backpack. "Um, so we first became friends because of this object," she told him, a red ring around her eyes and tears at the bottom of her lashes, she pulled out the tunk-a-truck with fading colours as the blue marker that wrote 'W.B' against the wheel

"You still have it?" He questioned, his eyes widened from seeing his toy that he happily gave away.

"Of course I did," she sniffed, wiping the back of her hand against her nose, pushing her hands forwards. "And I'd like to give it back to its rightful owner seeing as he's now sad," she announced, watching more tears leave his eyes, holding the plastic toy in his hand.

"Really?" He asked, wiping his eyes, y/n nodded towards him, wiping her eyes too. "But you're sad again," he told her, she giggled, shaking her head.

"No, take it, please, it can be my gift for your new room," she told him before being quickly engulfed in a hug.

"You're so amazing you know that right?" Will told the girl, holding the toy and gazing at it longingly.