Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

5• Explosion de Peanut Butter and Jelly Deliciousness

WHEN Celeste walked into my house after school, I wasn't expecting what I saw

WHEN Celeste walked into my house after school, I wasn't expecting what I saw. She barged in, backpack on back, poster board in her left hand, arms filled with random crafting materials, and a pair of scissors held in her mouth. She didn't even say hello (maybe because of the scissors in her literal mouth) before she was walking up to my bedroom. I turned around and made eye contact with my mom who was working on dinner.

"Is she okay?" My mom asked.

I shrugged. "I honestly never know, mother," I said.

"Looks like a big project you guys are working on. Am I mistaken or was today not the first day of school?" She asked.

"Uh... it was the first day of school, you are correct. Just... a passion project of hers?" I formed the excuse and then ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and faced Celeste, who was sitting on my floor with a wild array of craft materials in a scattered mess. I stood with my back against the door, my arms crossed over my chest.

"And what in God's name is all of this?" I asked.

"It is our mission," Celeste said while she sorted through her supplies. "If we are going to crack down on all of the possible men who could be your mystery phone man... we are going to need to take this to the next-level operation."

I raised my eyebrows. "You are an insane person."

Celeste looked up at me and rolled her eyes. "I may be an insane person, Alex, but I am an insane person who puts their insanity to good use! And my good use is called finding my friend's mystery man so that they can fall in love."

"I'll let you keep that fantasy no matter how ridiculous I think it is," I said, taking a seat on the floor and helping her sort the random shit. "So what's your plan here? Don't tell me you have pictures of every possible candidate." I laughed at my ridiculous proposition.

Celeste held up a folder and handed it to me. I opened it and gasped. "That's exactly what I have," she said. I flipped through the folder and through all of the pictures. She really did have pictures of a bunch of guys from our school.

"You need to be admitted into a hospital for this," I said.

"And you need to start appreciating me more for all the effort I am putting into this amazing project!" Celeste exclaimed. "You are not giving me enough credit for all the credit I give you."

"Stop quoting Hamilton and let's get this project started," I said.

Celeste grabbed the folder of photos from me and laid them out in front of her. "Okay. What we're going to do is tape the pictures of the guys, then we're going to label them with their name, girlfriend, and their title. Example," Celeste paused and held up a picture of Rodger Wornstein, one of the smartest guys in the school and this year's student body president. "We shall label him: Student Body President and Nerd because that is what he is. Sound good?"