Chapter 40

“Would you like to enter the house?” I asked.

“No, I will also excuse myself now. It is getting quite late. My parents will worry.” She smiled apologetically.

It is still 2:30 in the afternoon though.

Maybe Mr. Robert have a strict curfew on her.

“I'm so sorry if I didn't invite you for lunch inside the house. I lost track of time.” I apologized.

“It's fine, I also had already eaten my lunch before I got here.” Which was true.

“Then if you don't mind, can I take you home? I was also planning on visiting Lady Erica and Mr. Robert. ”

She seemed conflicted and a bit hesitant.

“But I had already informed my driver.” She said cautiously.

I want to talk more to her. It felt like I finally managed to make some crack on the wall between us.

But....

I think I am being a bit pushy though, I should just retreat.

“Is that so?” I said.

“Then you could join me in my car instead.” She said happily.

W-what?

***

So I am currently inside their limousine now, on their way to their home.

“ I hope I am not too imposing. I am willing to pay the travel fare or the gas.” I joked.

“Not at all Sir Alphonse and this ride is on me.” She chuckled.

The driver seemed startled. It was the first time after 6 years they heard their young miss laugh happily again..and not in a business manner.

The driver looked at the man beside his mistress. He looked intimidating but his tone and eyes become so gentle when he talks to her. He felt respect for that young man. Unlike a certain fiancé who only makes his mistress cry, this one makes her laugh.

They soon arrived at the estate's gates and travelled the driveway.

As they reached the front door, the driver was about to get down to open the doors for them when..

“It's fine, sir. You can drive. I'll open the door.” The man politely said.

His respect grew more. Richard always nagged at him whenever he didn't open the door hurriedly when he uses the Ross's family's car to visit them. The drat of that man!

This man on the other hand, politely understood the struggle of a driver in opening and closing a door, a very menial job that rich people do not want to do.

Ethan left the car and was about to open Laeticia's door when she suddenly stepped out of it.

“I can do this Sir Alphonse. I don't like being treated like a princess. ” She smiled.

He raised his brows at that and looked amusedly at her.

“You definitely had a princess themed birthday party and kept on dreaming about princes on a white horse when you're young.” he teased.

I-I d-did that?!

It's so embarrassing. I know I looked like a tomato right now. My face feels hot.