chapter 44

Billie's POV

"Billie!" I hear faintly coming from the back of the stage.

I was about to start soundcheck before another show, but first we needed to fix the technical difficulties with all of my mics.

"Yeah?" I yell back, which causes the person on the other side to sigh.

"We got this one to work." Amanda says, tossing me a microphone. 

I tap on it slightly which causes an echoed banging sound to come out of the speakers surrounding the venue.  

Amanda is one of the sound and light crew members on my team. She's the sweetest ever and we've really grown a bond recently.

"Alright, we're good." Danny says, throwing a thumbs up.

I hear the intro to Bored begin to play, and I start to sing along with the backtrack music to warm up.

I finish off the song, and continue with a few other songs to test the louder and softer songs.

"Alright. Finneas is opening in 30 minutes. We're gonna let fans in soon, go backstage." Danny summons me.

I walk backstage, walking up to Katherine as always.

I took a huge gulp of my water, smiling at Katherine as she laughed at me.

"Hi love." She said softly, causing my cheeks to turn red.

"Hi shorty." I say, giving her a tight hug.

She isn't going into the crowd today since all the dramas happened, most people know who she is now. If they didn't already.

I hear clutter from around front stage, which made me smile knowing fans were coming inside now.

"I'm going out. I love you." Finneas said, kidding my head as he walks on stage.

"I love you dude!" I yell to him.

"Hey, you look really fucking good right now." I say, biting my lip as I rest my hands on Katherine's waist.

"Thank you baby." She said, smiling at my seductive gesture.

Tonight's show was Toronto. The capacity of the venue was around 1.5k people, and the venue was packed for me. That's insane.

~

"The games you played were never fun..." I started off singing, calming down the crowd.

"You'd say you'd stay, but then you'd run." They said back to me, smiling with every word.

This was my happy place. The crowd singing back my words to me. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

The song isn't a hype song, but when the chorus runs around I always get the crowd hype and jump anyways.

"Giving you all you want and more..." I sing as I jump around, causing the crowd to jump as well.

I finish off the song and the crowd cheers, before I start my ending song.

"Goodnight everybody!" I yell, which makes everybody start screaming. I bow and air hug the crowd, smiling at each one of their little faces.

The outro music starts playing and I run to touch their hands, hugging as many as I can from the stage.

I air hug the crowd once again, before I walk off stage, immediately getting water and sitting down.

"Hey." Katherine says, slouching down beside me. She never just says hey like that.