Twenty: Boo.

Diana P.O.V:

I don't like waiting. I really really don't. I was sitting in the bland, uncomfortable room across from the emergency O.R. in the Cave. The Team had left, gone to their beds or home a long time ago. Well, everyone except Kaldur. He wanted to be there when Percy woke up. He felt he owed it to her to thank her for saving him and his team as soon as she woke up. Unfortunately for his plans, he had fallen into a deep sleep. Black Canary and Batman were the only Leaguers left, each having their own reasons for staying. Sally and a blonde boy, Will, sat next to each other, silent.

I couldn't help but feel responsible for what was happening to Percy. What had happened. I had dragged her back into this life. I had promised her no hero work. None. And yet, she was in a coma from protecting the team I dragged her into teaching. I wrung out my hands.

Sally had given me a fairly harsh glare when I had introduced myself to her. I suppose I deserved it. I definitely deserved it. Honestly, I should have expected her to be angry with me; I had inadvertently pushed her daughter to the brink of death. I should be more suprised by the fact that she hadn't screamed or ranted at me. I had never met Sally before, but from my brief interaction with her, I believe she is a good person.

"So," I snap my head up, as a voice shatters the tense silence that had been coating the room. "Mrs. Jackson, you are Perceus' mother, correct?" Oh gods. He just couldn't help himself could he? Bruce, you bastard.

"Batman..." I heard Canary warn in a hushed tone. He brushed her off. Not good.

"Yes, I am Percy's mother. My daughter does not like to be referred to by her full name." Sally replied in a stiff and cold tone. Will, the young demigod I had only heard of from my other cousin, seemed shocked by Sally's tone, as if he couldn't believe her being cold towards anyone.

"Of course, " the Dark Knight continued. "Now, why do you think your daughter was selected to instruct the Team?" Sally seemed to be growing angrier and angrier by Bruce's words.

"My daughter is more than qualified to instruct any kind of team you put her in, if that is what you're asking." Sally seemed completely rigid. Her voice held a sharpness equivalent to that of a sword.

"Right. Now, may I ask why you have broken into the Mountain?" The room fell silent. I could feel the anger radiating off of Sally, the fear coming from Canary and Will, and the overall snarkiness coming from Bruce.

"My daughter was scheduled to return to my home at 12 PM Friday. It is currently 6:58 PM."

"Well surely you could've expected her to be a little late." Bruce replied. I facepalmed. For the greatest detective in the world, he could be awfully clueless to the situation sometimes.

"A little late?" Sally asked, her voice laced with venom."It is nearly 7 hours past the time she was due home. How dare you? How dare you question me worrying about my daughter? I come here to find her bloody, beaten, mangled, broken and unconscious and you have the nerve, the audacity, to tell me I shouldn't worry about her safety?" Sally looked up at him fire in her eyes. "I don't care who you are or what kind of person you may be, but my daughter is far more a hero than you and has had plenty of encounters with death. She has come home bloody, beaten, broken and unconscious before and I am not about to let her get past that. I am not about to let her come home dead. So you better make sure that she never ends up like this again because by the gods if she does I will refuse to let her continue working here." And with that Sally stormed out of the room, Will hot on her heels.

Percy P.O.V:

I pushed the memories of my painful time in Tartarus aside. It didn't matter. I was out. Nothing could change that.

I slowly began to sit up, my whole body aching with the effort. I needed to distract myself before I fell into a spiral of flashbacks. I had just barely been able to pull myself out of that one. If I got trapped in another...

As my eyes adjusted to the bright light, I decided that the last thing I wanted to do was mess with any of Will's equipment. He would most defiantly kill me if I broke any of his stuff. Henceforth, I was just going to have to wait for him to come and unhook me.

I didn't feel like yelling nor did I feel like doing much of anything. What I really wanted to do, was sleep. But sleep, ment nightmares and nightmares are the whole reason I am awake right now. So. What to do?

Thankfully, my question was anwered for me as I heard the door creak open. With an idea fresh in my mind, I quickly, or as quickly as I could, layed myself back down onto the table and I closed my eyes. I smiled inwardly.

Wally P.O.V:

I woke up to the sound of yelling. After hurrying to get dressed, I found myself watching an argument unfold between a woman and Batman. From what I could gather, the woman seemed to be Percy's mother. After a bit more yelling and a lot of anger, the woman stormed off, the weird blonde doctor boy trailing after her.

While Diana and Canary chastised Batman for his rude behavior, I sliped passed them and into the emergency O.R. where Percy had been taken.

Pushing the door open, slipping around it and looking out of the small window attop it to make sure none of the heroes had spotted me, I was able to enter the room undetected. Turning around, I was able to see a still and asleep looking Percy.

I walked up to her, quiet as I could. I didn't even know if she could wake up but if she was just sleeping, I wanted her to get as much rest as possible. Looking down on her, I could still see the dirt and grime that caked some of her features. While blondie might have saved her life, he certainly hadn't done anything to restore her hygein.

I was about to turn around to leave her to sleep when her eyes snapped open and she looked at me. I jolted as she grabbed my arm and pulled me close in a matter of milliseconds. As she looked me dead in the eyes, she spoke a single word:

"Boo."