25. PERSONAL LIES

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
[PERSONAL LIES]

"Hey—" He spoke softly, nudging Molly's shoulder gently until her eyes fluttered open

"Hey—" He spoke softly, nudging Molly's shoulder gently until her eyes fluttered open. "I should probably go before this spell wears off."

Molly squinted her eyes as an attempt to adjust to the bright lights of the morning sun shining through the curtains. She turned over to see Kai, his hair ruffled, his lips pink, and the necklaces around his neck sparkling in the sunlight against his bare skin. Molly smiled faintly as she sat herself up, holding the sheets up to keep herself modest. "Okay." She says, letting out a yawn.

Kai sat up too, and bent over the side of the bed to grab her clothes, she tossed them to her and they both began to dress. Kai stretched as he walked over to the mirror and put on his shirt. Molly admired his toned back before the shirt covered it up.

Molly searched for the feeling of regret— but was relieved to find no trace of it. She knew what she was doing, she knew the consequences, but she had to stop putting other feelings before her own or else she'd be miserable her whole life. "When can I see you next?" Molly speaks up.

Kai turns around from the mirror and glances at her before turning back to adjust his hair. "We could—"

He stops talking as the handle to the door wiggles. "Unlock the door!" Damon yells from outside.

Molly and Kai exchange quick nervous glances. "Hold on—" Molly yells back, shuffling out of the bed as she buttons up her pants. Kai quickly looked for a hiding spot just in case that spell had already worn off.

"Molly?!" Damon says confusedly.

Molly opened the door to reveal an angry Damon. He glared at her and then looked past her, examining the room. "What do you want?" Molly asks.

"What do I want?!" Damon widens his eyes. "This is my room!"

Molly's mouth gaps open. "No it isn't." She says in shock.

Damon pushes past her. "Please tell me you didn't have sex in my bed." He says, rubbing his forehead.

"Please tell me I didn't have sex in your bed." Molly says quietly, closing her eyes in embarrassment.

"You slept with her?" Damon says, Molly opens her eyes quickly to find Damon looking right at Kai. "You can do better buddy, save yourself now."

Molly swallows nervously and watches for Kai to react— unsure of what'd he say next. Kai sends a knowing glance at Molly— the spell still working for now.

"Now get out." Damon says. Kai sends a fake smile to Damon and walks towards the door where Molly stood.

He smirks at Molly before walking out the door.

"Who the hell was that?" Damon says.

"A guy I met last night." Molly says, shrugging.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Mhm." He says.