[ nine ]

| the celebration |

f r a g i l e

Celeste stands in front of a floor to ceiling mirror in one of the many guest bedrooms in Avengers Tower, adjusting a bobby pin in her tight updo as she glances over her appearance one last time.

She's in a simple, elegantly tight white dress and black heels, with earrings and a necklace supplied by Tony's expensive taste to match. The dress shows off her curves and comes to a stop above the knees, exposing the large scar on the back of her left leg.

Clint appears behind her, dressed in a simple button up shirt and his favorite leather jacket. He grins as she turns to face him, gently wrapping his arms around her waist and tugging her closer as he presses a loving kiss to her lips.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks as they pull away, staring into the blue eyes she knows so well.

"How damn lucky I am," he admits with a small chuckle, moving to trail kisses down her jawline. "To have you back in my arms."

"You always get sappy after you've been hurt," she laughs, jokingly pushing him away. "Though I'm not about to complain, we do have a party to get to before Tony sends out a suit to find us."

"But I don't want to go," Clint whines childishly.

"Suit yourself," Celeste replies, stepping into the hallway. "But the bar filled with imported alcohols is calling my name."

Clint gasps and is quick to leave the bedroom, a sarcastic remark on the tip of his tongue. But his girlfriend isn't there to hear it, having already disappeared into the elevator.

A classic Stark Party is in full swing as the elevator doors open, bringing a smile to Celeste's face as she allows the scene to engulf her. At least a hundred people are milling around the spacious room, drinks in hand and raucous laughter leaving their lips. The high-rise windows spanning across the back wall provide a lovely backdrop of the New York night sky, setting the elegant mood.

Squeezing through the crowd, she quickly reaches the bar where Thor and Tony are arguing over which of their girlfriends are better. Natasha, acting as the bartender on the opposite side, looks bored out of her mind.

"Finally!" She shouts excitedly when she catches sight of Celeste. "I've been dying for good company."

"I couldn't leave you to deal with all of this testosterone on your own," Celeste reassures her, ignoring Tony's indignant scoff. "After all, us gorgeous badasses have to stick together."

"Let's go somewhere our presence is welcome," Tony retorts, spinning on his heel dramatically with Thor following close behind. "Since those two don't know how to appreciate it!"