Chapter 33

With the murky water clouding your vision you  frantically clawed at the glass floor, Taehyung's pain-stricken face  staring at you with such fear you involuntarily screamed out for him.

You reached the side of the tank, pounding as hard as you could against the glass with every ounce of strength you could muster.

Ursula's  hands gripped tightly around an exposed sparking wire, you watched in  horror as she brought it into contact with Taehyung once again, his body  convulsing against the electric current shooting through him.

"NOO!!!"  You screamed out, the adrenaline coursing through your veins making you  pound so hard on the glass you started to see streams of blood mix with  the surrounding water.

Taehyung met your gaze once more, your  desperation never wavering as he stared back at you, eyes half-lidded as  you watched the life start to drain from his eyes.

"NO!! NO NO!  STOP! PLEASE!" You screamed, the blood seeping from the self-inflicted  wounds on your hands now covering your view of Taehyung completely.

A sob escaped your lips as you heard the thump of a lifeless body hitting the floor outside your glass prison.

The manic laughter of Ursula echoed around you as if there were hundreds of her surrounding you from all sides.

Almost as if she was inside the tank with you...

"Loverboy can't save you now"

Her  sudden menacing voice brushing against your ear made you shriek in  panic just before you felt hands wrap tightly around your neck.

The  murky water surrounding you began to pulse, the reality that you were  seeing disappearing before your eyes as you felt yourself slowly fading  away...

-

You sat up straight in bed, hands clutching at your chest in a feeble attempt to keep your heart from beating out of your ribs.

Holy sh*t

Holy f**k

Okay

I'm okay

Just a dream...

It was just a dream...

You waited until your heartbeat had slowed a little, your breathing somewhat under control before you slid back down into bed.

It  had been a few days since you were saved from the fish tank prison.  Your body didn't hurt so bad anymore, and the apparent chlorine  poisoning had thankfully worn off after a well-deserved moon pool bath  that Soon-Ja had come over to draw for you.

Taehyung spent day  and night in your room with you, fetching tea and food whenever you  needed it and sitting next to you while you slept.

The boys had stopped by a few times to check on you too, which kept you thoroughly entertained, to say the least.

Jimin,  in particular, was being extra clingy. The boy had to be pried away  from you when the time came to sleep, begging to stay at the end of your  bed as if he was some kind of guard dog.

Well... more like guard puppy.

Despite all the extra attention and comfort you were getting, it didn't stop the nightmares from coming.

They realistic and horrifying you felt like you were in a state of constant sleep deprivation.

Every passing night they seemed to worsen tenfold.