\\Chapter 9 //

:10 years ago

Author's POV

Aiden was distracted all the time, ever since he found the truth about Alydia. His mind was no longer in focus for the obstacles coming towards his pack or him. Aiden was just enraged in guilt, fear and anger. Samantha, the Luna of the Eclipse pack and Aiden's wife and the Beta of the pack, Jerad Hann were both concerned and worried about him. However, every time they tried to confront him, he would refuse to speak about it and gets really agitated.

Few more long months pass by as Aiden's behaviour seemed to worsen every passing day.

One evening, a reunion of the Eclipse pack was held. All sisters and brothers of Aiden Hale accompanied with their family, arrives to the mansion. Everyone was enjoying the event downstairs whilst Aiden remained in his office room, trudging back and forth, hands held behind him, awaiting a strike from the rogues anytime.

His mind never processed any thought other than the rogues' invasion. He felt nauseous, powerless although he came from the strongest Alpha descents to ever exist.

That simple mistake left him a scar of lifetime. He was withering away, unwillingly as he let that mistake disperse all over his mind. Ever since he saw the spiral sculptered by the rogues as a sign of revenge, there was only one question he always asked himself.

Why?

Aiden's trail of thoughts were broken as the door to the room opens as Oliver, Samantha and Jerad walks in, wearing worried expressions on their faces. Aiden's eyes travel from the Oliver's to his wife's and then to his beta's. Immediately, he knew Oliver had disobeyed his orders.

Aiden stood up, boiling blood running through his veins and storms up to Oliver.

"Why did you tell them about it? I told you when the time is right, I will let them know"

He growls as his eyes turn to a pitch black.

Samantha and Jerad jumps in front of Aiden and use all their strength to stop him before he tore Oliver's throat out.

"Do not blame him, Aiden.You were never going to tell us in the first place."

Samantha yells at Aiden, struggling against the incredible strength of her husband.

"We had no choice but to ask him since he was there with you on the last patrol you went on which, shall I remind you, was months ago".

Jerad voices. Aiden immediately stops as he comes back to his senses and walks back, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Aiden, why did you not tell us this? You have lost your mind ever since then.You barely talked, ate or did your duty as an Alpha". Jerad folds his arms across his chest.

"You did not have to go through this alone, love".

Samantha rubs his shoulder comforting him.

"This is all my fault Samantha! I have to go through this alone. I can not risk anybody else's life anymore!".

Aiden yells pushing her hand away and walking towards the window.

"No, I will not let you! We are a pack and whatever happens, we stand together!" Samantha fights back.

" I will be honest, Alpha. This is your fault. However, you can still fix it".

Jerad suggests, walking towards Aiden.

Aiden shifts his attention to Jerad.

"And how is that?"

"Give the child back to the rogues".