02

i sat on the couch in the living room editing one of evans videos because he was busy preparing for his friends and asked me for help. today was monday so that meant that Smii7y and john got in today, and lucky them they get first dibs on rooms. evan came and sat beside me looking over my shoulder.
" you ready to go pick them up??" evan asked me
"you really need to get a licences" i say closing the laptop and going to get my shoes and keys, me and even got in my car and headed to the airport, he went in and got his friends while i stayed in the car and waited for them to get back. when they got back they put their bags into the trunk and got in, evan beside me.
"so this is the infamous roommate." john said while buckling himself in.
"that would be me, y/n nice to meet you." i say starting the car up and going back to the house. evan helped the guys carry bag while i went to the kitchen and started cooking up a light stir fry, evan came in and got a glass of water, the guys following.
"oh she cooks too, this girl is the package how have you not locked her down yet!" Smii7y laughed asking evan, who only fake gagged.
"gross! date y/n i'd rather cut off my left nut" he said, obviously joking.
"fine no food for you, i'll give smii7y and john extra cause they're so nice to me, and there'll be none left for you." i say pointing my spatula at him then sending a wink to john and smii7y, before serving the finished food onto plates, obviously leaving some for evan, the poor man would starve if i didn't.
"so who got the king?" i asked, smii7y started chuckling while john fake sulked.
"awe lighten up john, at least you don't have to sleep on y/n's crappy air mattress." evan pointed out stuffing more food in his mouth.
"if it was in her room i wouldn't mind."
john said wiggling his eyebrows at me causing me to giggle.
"gross stop hitting on my roommate." evan told him, lightly punching his arm.
"how'd you and y/n meet anyways?" smii7y asked while i began collecting plates. i started washing while evan told the story.
"well when my youtube channel was really small y/n dm'd me tell me that i missed a bug in a game that i should've exploited, i thought she was making shit up but when i tested it she was right, we had a conversation about games and stuff and eventually became good friends, then when y/n got evicted from her place i let her stay here and she ended up living here permanently, though i'm glad she does cause she pays most of the rent." evan said, laughing at the end.
"how'd you know about the bug?" john asked me as i dried my hands.
"i helped program the game." i tell him, both john and smii7y looked at me with wonder in their eyes.
"you! wait do you do that for a living?!" john asked excited.
"yeah, i program and code to help design most functions and textures in games, i also get hired by companies to test games because they want skilled programmers to sniff out the errors and help them fix it. i've probably programmed some of the games you make money off playing." i tell them. sitting out in-front of them, while evan sat to the side looking like a proud father.
"that's such a cool gig" john praised
"if you're so skilled then how'd that bug you told evan about slip threw?" smii7y asked, trying to be cocky but in a joking way.
"well i only helped program it, and when i brought up the bug to the person in charge i was told i had no place in this business and that a chick knew nothing about games, which is why i texted evan about it, they let it go threw just because i was a chick so i wanted whoever posted about the game to ruin it."i said simply and calmly. john and evan laughed, smii7y was quiet though, clearly embarrassed, i just laughed along with evan and john.
"actually speaking of work i need to get back to it." i say looking at the clock then getting up and heading to the living room to grab evans laptop, deciding to finish in my office i went upstairs and flopped on my bean bag and continued editing, making sure my work phone was close incase i got a job offer, and i just edited away, i could hear evan and his friends from my room, i'm glad evan has them coming to visit, it's true when he says he doesn't get to see them often. there was a knock on my door so i got up and opened it.
"oh, i thought this was the bathroom." smii7y said scratching the back of his neck, i chuckled and pointed to the door across the hall.
"ah, thanks." he says, i chuckled again and shut my door, he was kinda cute.
"y/n!!" i heard evan yell from downstairs, so i went downstairs to see what he wanted.
"we're ordering a pizza what do you want?" he asked, i looked at the clock seeing it's been almost three hours since we went to get them at the airport.
"oh um just get me a soda and some cheesy bread." i say going into the kitchen and putting away the dishes from earlier. i don't know why times being so weird with me right now.
"hey y/n the guys wanna play some mario kart, you joining?" evan asked from the living room.
"i don't know, you gonna rage quit again?" i asked going into the living room with them.
"are you gonna cheat?" he asked handing me my controller
"how dare you insult me like that, it's not my fault you're trash." i say sitting down, evan huffs and sits next to me, i chuckled as the game got set up, we began playing, during the first race i went a little soft on the boys to give them hope.
"awe, did little y/n lose her touch or is evan just a liar?" smii7y taunted passing me. i just smirked and kept silent, and once he was in front of me i threw my red shell at him then dropped a bomb as i drove passed, while catching up to evan who was in first i happily listened to smii7y have a quick rage break.
"i'm coming for you evan" i say as i get an item, evan nervously laughed while trying to stay focused on the game. i threw my green shell getting a hell of a snip, taking my rightful place in the lead and winning the race.
"that snip was fucking bullshit." evan said getting another race set up.
we played at least 20 races before the boys got bored and slightly annoyed with losing.
"how the hell are you that good at this game!" john yelled as the last race finished.
"i have no life!" i yell back getting laughs from the guys in the process. i turned the game off and sat back on the couch, our pizza had come and gone and even though we just played mario kart i was bored already.
"hey you guys got cards against humanity?"