8.Jane & Ellen (1) (the cat and a fox)

You were sitting on a rooftop thinking about your last assassination.
.
.
.

You were on a mission to kill someone who gave out information that had to be kept a secret at all costs.

???: "please! Kill me! Kill me instead of my wife!"

??: "no! I can't let you die on me! I want y-"

You silence her by cutting her throat open. The blood got all over your black clothes and the walls as the woman dropped to the ground.

???: "n-no... why would you...do something like this."

The man dropped to his knees and looked you in the eyes.

???: "are you... happy...with what you did?"

You stayed silent.

???: "why did I even bother asking, just...kill me and be done with it."

You sheath your blade and turned your back to him.

???: "I was not your target...then there's only one thing left to do."

He slowly stood up and picked up a statue from the table near him.

This happened before a few times, they kill themselves or make you kill them. Because in here you must kill your target no matter what but you can't kill anyone else unless they try to take your life and if you do decide to take their life for no reason and if the bloody assassassins leader hear about this, you will most likely die or lose some parts from your body or someone important to you will die. It really rarely happens, the last one was about a year ago.

You took out your blade and cut his head off. You turned around to leave as a tear rolls down your cheek.
.
.
.
Every single assassin that I've seen, know how to hide their feelings while I... I can't hide them, I feel their pain and suffering and it makes me want to-

???: "feelings taking over again?"

You looked behind you and saw your only friend.

Jane: "Ellen, what are you doing here?"

Ellen: "I came here to talk to you about our next mission."

Jane: "wait, we will go together? Nya?"

She smiled and came closer to sit next to you.

Ellen: "well, I asked them to let us work together."

Jane: "what?"

Ellen: "I need to have someone with me since I only use a bow and the ones I've worked with were pretty slow, so I usually ended up doing everything myself."

Jane: "I told nya before, I-"

Ellen: "I know that you want to do everything alone! But you always go alone, with no one to be there with you, to feel the same pain that you do."

Jane: "whatever, only this once."

Ellen tries to pet you on the head but you take a step back so she wouldn't reach you.

Jane: "Ellen! If we're friends, it doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want!"

Ellen: "as cold as you may look and "talk", you're still very cute so how can I not pet you."

She just had to say "talk", those nya sounds come out on their own. It doesn't matter how hard I try not say it, my mouth just does it on it's own and that's why I rarely talk with anyone.

Jane: "Ellen..."

You summon blades around you.

Jane: "stop.treating me like that."