Shooting Again

a/n: As requested, There's a school shooting and Peter just so happens to be in the class that is attempting to get broken into first. After FFH, Tony and Nat are still alive.

As Peter sat in 5th period he began to get a headache, which wasn't unusual in his case, but as the period went on it had been so painful to the point where he had to close his eyes. His teacher really didn't care at the time, it was study hall anyway. Suddenly a loud ringing sound had woken him up from his moment of concentration.

"Lockdown, This is not a drill. I repeat Lockdown this is not a drill."  The school phones alerted.

He snapped his head facing the teacher who had immediately checked outside for anyone in the hallways, other students closed the windows and pushed cabinets against the doors. As they all sat on the floor in the dark silence as another shot rang through the imitated empty school. He turned towards Mj who had become restless. The teacher had quietly got up and walked towards the white board, writing the words:

"Every 1 turn ur phones off"

They all did as instructed, Peter quickly turned off his phone. He watched silently as Mj's hands shook, fumbling with her phone. Peter placed his hand on hers, pressing the buttons to turn off her phone. He looked up at her, placing her phone in her hoodie's front pocket, she looked up at him, making eye contact. He gave her a reassuring look, she nodded in response as if they had been speaking with just their expressions. She looked down at the ground, tears welling up in her eyes. He pulled her head up to face him, placing her head in both his hands. He looked into her eyes, wiping away her tears. She placed her hand on his, laying on his hand as if it were a sudden comfort just being able to feel his warmth. They sat against the wall, her head on his shoulder.

The one thing everyone payed close attention to was the bottom of the door, the anticipation so heavy it was becoming almost painful. The shots continued throughout the minutes, as if the shooter had been taunting them, waiting for just the slightest sound.
The footsteps progressively became louder, and so did Peter's thoughts. He kneeled towards Mj, whispering in her ear.

"I love you." Her heart dropped as he had got up running silently towards the door. The teacher had signaled Peter to sit down. He pulled his compacted suit out of his pocket, filling the class with confusion. Their eyes widened and mouths agape, as his suit formed around him. He put up his finger, telling them to stay quiet. One student had pointed at the door, there had been a pair of feet in front of the door. Peter had motioned for them to move aside to the corner. He used his inhanced hearing to hear
what the shooter had been doing, he heard stomping, running like. He quickly told them to stay quiet, as the door had been pounded on. The shooter had been kicking down the door. As the banging continued, Peter prepared himself. Placing all the tables in front of his fellow peers and his teacher,  putting them in the corner. He covered them with as much furniture as possible. Suddenly there was a pause... and a shot. He had shot the door handle off, pushing the door open slowly, Peter hopped off the ceiling catching the man off guard. The man pointed his gun towards Peter ready to shoot, but Peter quickly grabbed the gun, struggling with the man. He pushed him out of the classroom, back into the hallway. The man kicked Peter in the stomach quickly turning around to fire at the open class, but Peter shot a web at him turning him around, right as the man had pulled the trigger, Peter had pushed back from the impact of the bullet. Ignoring the pain he used his web to pulled the gun out of his hands webbing it to the ceiling, the man punched Peter in the stomach, inflicting even more pain upon his wound. Peter flipped over him kicking him in the back, the man fell to the ground and Peter webbed him to the floor, securing him with a final web grenade. He coughed, pain overwhelming his senses, he fell to the ground. Mj ran out of the class, sliding beside Peter.

"Peter? Peter? Can you hear me?" Tears rolling down her eyes.

"Your little boyfriend won't make it." The guy laughed. Mj filled with anger was starting to get up, but Peter pulled her back.

"No, No it's o-okay." He said between coughs. Suddenly Cap and Bucky ran in with SWAT men.

"I found him!" Steve spoke into his com. Cap ran over to Peter carrying him bridal style "Excuse me miss." He addressed Mj, walking out of the school quickly.

"Wait! Can I come?" She ran over woth Cap. He stopped, there wouod be no reason for a random girl to want to come along, unless... "I'm his girlfriend. Peter's girlfriend." Cap understood and told her to
follow along. As they ran into the jet, he set Peter down, and Mj sat close, catious because of all the Avengers who had surrounded her.

"Hi, you must be... Mj?" Nat asked, sticking out her hand.

"Yeah, So he's told you about me?" Mj was referring to Peter. They all nodded and made comments.

"He has told us about you since his first year with us." Bucky added.

"Man of Spiders has told many tales of this maiden by the name of Mj, of course that is only when I've been here." Thor chuckled.

"From what we've heard, you're really quiet and conservative, but he loves you even more so." Tony slid into the conversation.

"He's going to be okay, a gunshot won't stop Peter from protecting those he love." Steve gave his input.

"O-Of course it won't" They heard a whisper, turning to Peter, he gave her a grin. She sighed in relief. He was going to be okay. "Can't get rid of me that easily." She chuckled giving him a quick kiss.

"Don't tempt me." She teared. He pulled out his hand, wiping away her tears.

"I told you, I'd be just fine. I'd never leave you."

the end