Part 72

Christine's POV

Flashes of Jungkook's smiling face were showing. Everywhere I turn, he was there. His laughs, his smiles, his cuddles... everything was showing all at the same time. Video collage is what it seems, until everything slowly died out, only leaving Jungkook infront of me as we were back in my hospital room.

"Is this really what you want?"

I shook my head as my tears were tearing up.

"No... I don't want this..."

"I guess... this is goodbye."

I was shaken awake by my brother who just sat me up and hugged me tight. He didn't say a word as he just had me in his arms, swaying me softly, back and forth.

"Uljima... It'll be okay soon. Just give it some time... Both of you will be fine..." he said in a low voice as he stroked my hair.

"Oppa... I wanna go home." I said.

"Are you allowed to?" he asked, letting me go as he rests his hands on my shoulder.

"I don't know... But I want to..."

"Okay... Let's talk with Dr. Jiyoon okay? I've talked with your school principal as well."

"When am I coming back to school?"

"When Dr. Jiyoon says so." He said smiling, ruffling my bangs as he stood up. "I'll go look for her okay?"

I nodded with my eyes looking down. As I heard the door click closed, I look up to see everything blurry. Closing my eyes, I let the warm fluid run down my cheeks.

It was silent.

It was chilly.

It was cold.

It was lonely.

My phone rang twice only to see a message from Sungmi. I unlocked my phone and saw my home screen wallpaper was our selca together during the boys tour just before we went to his parent's house... We were wearing matching clothes by then, thanks to Miji eonni who packed my clothes with skirts and cardigans and dressed me up with the same concept as what the boys were doing for the day: Haruman.

Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day, if I can hold your hand
Just one day if I can be with you
Just one day...
If we can only be together.

If we can be together, Can you please stay with me?

Funny how I was the one who pushed him out, yet here I am, begging him to be with me.

.
.
.

"I don't think I'll be allowed to school..." I told Sungmi who was on the other line. She sent a message to call her when I was free, and now that I did, we've been on the phone for more than 2 hours.

"Is that so... we miss you already. Jongin and Jaebum and I..."

"I miss you guys too, you know."

"But we don't have to worry cause Jungkook is taking care of you right?"

Things just froze and even oppa who was sitting on the couch, browsing through channels stopped to look at me. It wasn't on loud speaker, but I guess my sudden silence alarmed him. I smiled it off, not wanting to worry him more as I spoke back softly to Sungmi.

"Actually, we've broken up, but everything's alright. Don't worry, I have oppa to take care of me anyways~" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible.