Prologue

{Edited}

Hi, my name is Sora, I used to be a 23-year-old salaryman who worked from paycheck to paycheck. Living a completely boring lifestyle. I had no friends, no family, and I even disliked being around people.

 The only thing that really interested me was the Japanese culture. Reading stories about people leaving their boring lifestyle to go to a grand fantasy world made me think that it would be amazing if I could live the way I wanted instead of being a generic worker. 

That would be much better than being set in a life where I hated my work, people, and society in general. 

The thing that I hated the most though... was spiders. Those little spawns of satan are my greatest fear. I just wished that they would stop existing as long as I lived so I wouldn't have to deal with those demons.

I guess I spoke too soon...

When I had some free time like after work and on some breaks, I would read the manga which I loved to do because I, like a lot of people, love the Isekai genre where a person gets transported or reincarnated in an awesome fictional world. 

The one I was currently reading was called 'That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime' which was one of the most popular mangas at the time. 

It was about a guy, just like me, who was reincarnated into a slime monster after he wished for some special abilities. He then would come to build a nation to unite monsters and humans. It was a very interesting story and made me think about if that was me.

I eventually made it to my job...

(Boss) - "Hey Sora, you're late. What were you doing, playing with ninja stars and watching Tentacle porn?"

I look at him with a smug face, I started to reach into my front pocket where I keep my [Pocket sand], but I decided that he wasn't worth it.

Yes, I have pocket sand for specific occasions because I saw it on King of the Hill and it has worked successfully on multiple occasions, so I would result to that in certain 'extreme' cases.

I pulled my hand back from my pocket. 

(Sora) - "Sorry, I did not set an alarm and slept in. It won't happen again". I said as I sped heading to my office while I could hear laughter in the background.

Even though I was late to work today, I always get this kind of treatment where ever I go.

I would say that I am one of the unluckiest people on this planet. Hah, my luck stat is probably at 0 if this were only just a game. 

I was found during one of my breaks reading manga and it was suddenly ripped out of my hands and read by that ass of a boss. He made fun of me for it and the jokes of his haven't stopped since then.

(Sora) - "I just want everything to stop, all of the insults, my boring life, my sadness, and I wish this were all just a dream."

After I finished up work, I decided to head straight home because I did not have an appetite from the usual comments made to me today.

I guess I should just start reading since it's the only thing I actually look forward to.

I was reading on my way home and heard a sound on my right. I looked right to see a sleeping man in a truck. At the time, I don't know why I did not move, maybe because I felt like I did not have anything left, or maybe I was just too lazy.

As I was struck by the truck, I couldn't feel most of my body, all I felt was pain. At this point, I could tell that I was dying. 

I managed to get out a small chuckle as I said...

(Sora) - "Wouldn't it be cool if I was in one of those isekai things? I mean, I just got hit by a truck which the most stereotypical way to get into a fantasy world. I would love to have some cool powers and be able to live how I wanted to live, maybe as someone cool and everyone could respect. I guess dragons are pretty cool and they can do whatever they want, but if I was a monster, it would kinda suck to be a slime". 

My eyes slowly shut as I took my last breath...

It was pitch black, I could not see anything. I guess I am dead, but why do I feel different somehow? I can move a little bit, why can I move if I'm dead? Well whatever, the capsule I seem to be in is a circular object and it seems that I'm stuck in this enclosed space. 

Hold on a minute... why can I move, why do I feel lighter, and why do I have claws for hands!? I can't speak and I feel really small!

I then heard voices outside of the object that I was currently in...

(End)

______________________________

Author Here! This is my first novel and first writing on this website.  I was interested in creating my own story and I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. If you guys could let me know if I should continue the story or not would really help me out! :D