Chapter 10 - A New Mermaid

The mermaid struggled to get himself out of the fishing net. He pulled at the net trying to rip it off, but it didn’t.

Should you approach him and try to help? I mean, Jungkook came back after you helped him. But that doesn’t mean he’ll be the same.

He stopped struggling and dropped his arms back down, out of breath from trying so hard. You could hear his desperate deep breaths from behind your hiding place.

Ok, now you had to help him. It broke your heart to see anyone hurting so much.

You carefully walked up to him. You slowed your pace as you got closer. His head shot up when he heard you footsteps.

He had a round face and large eyes. His tail was teal and with flecks of red, like Jungkook's. He looked tired from all his struggling, but he still had some strength left to try and push himself away. You stopped walking.

“Wait! I just want to help. I’m not gonna hurt you, I promise. I wouldn’t hurt anyone and it broke my heart to see you here so defeated.” You softened you sentence the more you spoke.

He quickly looked back down at his tail and waited a moment. You were about to ask what was wrong but then he nervously looked back up at you and nodded.

You got on your knees next to his tail and carefully started to gather the net in your hands. You slowly started to pull it down his tail and body, trying not to blush too much as your hand brushed down his abs.

He watched your every move and gradually calmed down. You finally got the net down to his tailfin and slowly pulled the net off. You gave a sigh of relief and dragged the net back farther to the cliff where it hopefully would stay.

You walked back over to him, thinking about how you were going to get him back to the water. He wasn’t unconscious like Jungkook was, so this might be a little more awkward. 

“T-thanks, for helping me.” He said. His voice was deep and raspy. And kinda sexy. Wait, what? He still sounded a bit nervous though.

“It was nothing really. Now we just need to get you back to the water.” You blushed as you thought of carrying him. He nodded.

You came around behind him again, like you did with Jungkook, and wrapped your arms around his chest. He chuckled slightly.

“I could get used to you holding me like this.” He could almost hear the smirk in his voice. You sighed in annoyance.

“Oh shut it. At least Jungkook was unconscious when I did this.” He snapped his head around. “You know Jungkook?” He asked.

You dragged his body back into the water. “Yeah, why?” You asked as you pushed him out to sea once again. He turned around to look at you as you sat on a rock to listen to him.

“I should introduce myself. I’m Taehyung. And I have a lot to explain to you.”