Day 1: Greetings & Goodies

D a w n :

Everybody rushed to get off the bus when we arrived at the set of flats where we would be living for the next two weeks.

I got off the bus and stood by the side waiting for Lane. As I waited, I looked around at the different pairs and couples going up together.

Mr. Jameson walked by me, talking with Damien.

"But Mr. J! You and I both know that there's going to be a lot of sex going on this week, don't you think I should at least get to have some?"

 Mr. Jameson gave Damien a disgusted and dumbfounded expression.

 "Mr. Samuels I am the opposite of the person you should be saying that to." He said.

"What? I j-"

"No." Mr. Jameson said.

"You j-"

"Mr. Samuels, the answer is no."

"But Mr. J, I-"

"Your husband is waiting for you Mr. Samuels." Mr. Jameson said with a fake smile.

"But Mr. J, I just-"

Mr. Jameson pointed to Phillip. "Go."

"Mr.-"

"Now, please."

Damien sulked, trudging over to Phillip who was holding their baby. "Everybody's having sex and I want some too." Phillip said, mimicking Damien.

"Shut up." Damien muttered.

"You're a dumbass." Phillip said. "And I don't want to do this anymore than you do."

Damien sighed, grabbing his bags and walking off ahead of Phillip. "Whatever." He muttered, trudging past me and going inside.

"Hey Dawn." Phillip said, walking by me.

I smiled, giving him a wave.

'Good luck.' I mouthed.

He chuckled as he went inside.

I turned back to the bus and saw Lane getting off laughing with one of his friends and swinging the baby in his right hand. He saw me waiting and smiled, walking over with the baby and his bags.

"Hey Dawn." He said.

I smiled. "Hey, Lane."

"You ready to raise a baby?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You're ready to raise a baby with somebody you know nothing about?" I asked.

"I know lots about you Dawn," he said, "You have quite a reputation."

"Funny, because I know nothing about you."

He looked surprised at that. "Really?"

"You look surprised."

"Well...yeah...I mean uh, I'm a pretty big deal." He said, giving me a big smile.

I shook my head and put a hand on his arm. "Yeah, not really." I said, before walking off ahead of him inside the building.

I heard him chuckle behind me as he followed.

By the time we managed to haul our bags all the way up to flat 11B, we were breathing heavily.

"Why don't they have an elevator?" Lane asked.

"I know right? I feel like I just ran a damn marathon."