fünf | ushijima wakatoshi - oikawa

the first sentence of their soulmate will be tattooed on their arm.

[ warnings: n/a ]

[ words: 1k+ ]
___________________________

Ever since Oikawa Tooru entered Junior high, that was when it all started.

With you being his little sister with a gap of two years, you've always wondered why he wouldn't let you watch one of his matches. Well, you've watched his matches before but after a few months in Kitagawa Daiichi, he's always pestering you not to watch his matches. So you didn't. You've always adored your brother's talent (and your brother of course) for volleyball. After entering his first year as a Highschool student in Aoba Johsai, they recognized his best setter in the prefecture award and became famous right away, especially among the girls.

After learning volleyball, he almost immediately taught you how to play volleyball.

With that, you joined the volleyball club in Kitagawa Daiichi for middle school. Just like the boys volleyball team, the girls volleyball team was also popular among the people.

With getting infected by the volleyball virus from your brother, you earned yourself the title as the best setter for the female volleyball at the end of your Junior High. When you joined Aoba Johsai as a first year, your brother was already in his last year.

For the past three years of his life, he wasn't be able to defeat the Shiratorizawa team.

And so you were in front of the court, about to face the Shiratorizawa girls volleyball team.

The team practiced and practiced. Though you were only a first year, you already took the regular setter position. Due to the regular setter quitting the team due to health problems. Of course, you gladly accept their offer of being a regular member.

Here you were standing in the court once again, facing the so called best school, Shiratorizawa. A prestige school with a handful of talented volleyball players. A school for academically smart people and volleyball smart people. Just one more, just after this match, you'll be able to call yourself as the team who goes to the nationals.

With the two whistles echoing in the air, the match ended. The wet strands of hair sticking on to your forehead and the heavy breaths you took were nonstop.

Ah. You wonder what your brother's reaction would be if he sees the results.

Your knees weakend and you drop on the ground, tears building in the corners of your eyes. "We did well." Your captain pats your shoulder, gesturing you to leave the court for the final greeting.

The chocolate brown eyes watching you from the exit door, he sighs, letting out a mumble. "You really surprised me, good job."

His eyes followed your silhouette, watching the whole team say their thanks and farewell to the audience, the opposite team Shiratorizawa were celebrating their dinner. "Wait." His crossed arms separated them self from his waist. The familiar red spiky haired guy caught his attention. Not only that. In fact, the whole was there. Came to support their girl team to be exact. With the hawk eyes, one thing popped in is mind. Where was Ushijima?

"Oi Trashykawa." Yet that didn't stop him from skipping out from the court. Iwaizumi shook his head.

Judging from Oikawa's footsteps, his nervousness can be seen by each step. Was it really happening?

"Cap, I'll just head to the bathroom." With the permission you got, you draped the white towel over your head, feeling the sweat evaporate in the towel. You just needed a water break. Water that came from the bathroom not like the typical water bottle break.

You had your head lowered from the beginning you headed your to the bathroom.

You stopped after seeing two huge feet in front of yours. You look up to the guy. How rude? You thought. Couldn't he see you walking? While the people were still in the court, how come out of all the ten meter wide hall, he came to halt in front of you. The dark olive brown hair and eyes as his trademark, you immediately recognized who he was. Who wouldn't? He was known nationwide as one of the top five spikers in Japan.

Both your eyes staring at each other, waiting for someone to force words out of their mouth.

He blinks. Once, twice.

"You should've come to Shiratorizawa."

And at that moment, Oikawa stepped in the twenty meter radius. He knew this would come.

The hard work he has put through all these three years, as soon as Ushijima said the exact same sentence to him, he knew what was coming in the future. He imagined.

He imagined Ushijima holding hands with his baby sister.

He imagined Ushijima with the black suit and his baby sister with the white gown on.

He imagined Ushijima and his baby sister's face merged into a mini sized of them.

He imagined Ushijima on the bed with his baby sister... naked.

He ripped his thoughts. His first impression of Ushijima wasn't bad, but due to his bluntness, and not on purpose insults. He's had enough.

"Over my dead body." You tilt your head up, trying to look intimidating at the already intimidating guy in front of you. Ushijima tries to sneak a peek on your arm. But his suspicion withered away after seeing a small dot hiding underneath your black arm band. Well, after just losing an important game, you couldn't even think of anything except for practicing harder. Ushijima coughs. "Well... I think you'd have to get used to me then." He snatches your left arm, uncovering the text underneath your arm band. And that's when you realized.

"USHIWAKA!" You both turn to look at the furious other half of yours, stomping towards the both of you.

Then it hit you. All the dots connect. The reason why he didn't want you to attend his matches.

"Let's take a run for it." You both say at the same time. The two of you looked at each other and laughed.

Lemme make a part 2 next time.