Ch.7: Feelings

(I woke up to a beeping sound and someone rubbing my hand)

“Come on Jess you have to wake up” a voice said.

(I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bright light and immediately shut them groaning)

“You’re awake” Ian said.

(Ian hugged me and I didn’t really know how to take it; I awkwardly hugged him back, then he let go)

“How long have I been out” I asked.

(I didn’t look up at him because I didn’t want to see the disappointed look in his eyes)

“You’ve been out cold for a month, you slipped into a coma after losing consciousness. You almost died but I got to the hospital in time for you to be saved, what were you thinking” Ian said.

(My head snapped up and I looked at him angry and tears started to fill my eyes)

“I was thinking of how many times my father beat me as a child and my mother leaving me with a heartless bastard who raped his own daughter then sold her to a stranger and almost got raped by another, you should’ve let me die, why couldn't you have just let me die” I snapped.

(Ian didn’t say anything just had a sad look in his eyes and I noticed he didn’t shave and had bags under his eyes like he hasn’t slept in days; I calmed down and wiped my tears away. A female doctor walked in)

“Good to see you awake Jessie, I’m Doctor Amy Harris how are you feeling” Amy asked.

(Ian let me go and sat in the chair by my bed)

“I’m a little light headed but other than that I’m fine” I said.

(Amy nodded and wrote something down on her clipboard)

“Ok, well sir if you don’t mind getting her something to eat from the cafeteria” Amy said.

(Ian got up and kissed my forehead; it felt strange but comforting, he left and Amy came and stood by me)

“Well Jessie it’s a good thing your boyfriend brought you in when he did, he told me mostly what he knew about your pass with your father and what happened to you a month ago, I would advise you to see Dr. Haley she is a therapist” Amy said.

(I was confused about why she would think he’s my boyfriend but I left that alone and thought about the therapy)

“Will I be ok physically? and I’ll think about therapy,” I said.

(She gave me the therapist card and then did a check up on me as Ian walked back in with a Hershey bar and a sandwich)

“Everything is fine after you eat and get dressed you can sign your release forms; I’ll leave you two” Amy said.

(I scooted over in the bed and patted the side; Ian sat on the bed and gave me the bar and a sandwich. Ian wrapped his arms around me)

“Can I ask you something” I said.

“Sure” Ian said.

“Why didn’t you let me die or just left me at the hospital and walk away” I asked.

(Ian’s arms tensed as I began to eat the sandwich; he sighed and buried his head into my neck)

“Well to be honest I’m not usually an affectionate person but when I saw you and how fragile you were I wanted you, at first it was to use you I admit I’m not perfect but when you tried to kill yourself I knew I was growing feelings for you and I couldn’t lose you, while you were in a coma I stayed by your side mostly but sometimes I would go home and get sleep but I couldn’t it’s something about you that just makes me want to make you feel safe, this is all new to me I never felt this way” Ian said.

(I stopped eating and looked up at him and saw how much he cared and it felt weird but I was glad and confused)

“But how can you care for me you barely know me” I said.

“I’ve been racking my brain for the answer and I honestly don’t know” Ian said.

(I sighed)

“Lastly how come the doctor thinks you’re my boyfriend” I asked.

(He looked awkward)

“Well I can't exactly tell her you were sold to me or I would go to jail so I told her you were my girlfriend and how I took you away from your dad which I had to make up a story of how we met” Ian said.

“Out of curiosity, how did you say we met” I asked.

(I was opening the chocolate bar)

“You said that was your last question” Ian said.

“Well now this one is” I said.

(Ian sighed)

“Fine, I said one day I saw you at a bookstore sitting reading a book looking a little sad and I came up to you and introduced myself” Ian said.

(I giggled a little)

“What?” Ian asked.

“Well if we had met that way honestly I don’t think I’d ever talk to you no offense but you don’t look like the nicest person in the world,” I said.

(Ian grunted)

“Well thanks” Ian said.

“I’m sorry but you know you look intimidating,” I said.

(He chuckled and I looked up and saw a genuine smile it reached his eyes; I did something that I didn’t think I’d do boldly; I kissed him. He kissed me back and then pulled away. He kissed the top of my head)

“You should get dressed” Ian said.

(He let go)

“Yea um did you get me clothes” I asked.

(He got up and got the bag that was sitting next to the chair and handed it to me)

“Thanks” I said.

(I got up and went to the bathroom and changed when I got out Amy was standing by Ian talking and then looked at me)

“Here are some papers you need to sign then your free to go” Amy said.

(I signed the papers and she gave me medicine for if I get random headaches and then we left and got in the car and drove home)

“Do you want to watch a movie” Ian asked.

“Sure” I said.

(I sat on the couch as he put a movie on. He sat next to me and put me on his lap. “I guess it’s something I have to get use to” I thought. I laid my head on his chest and for the first time in my life I felt safe as the movie went on I began falling asleep)

A/N: Thanks for reading, please comment and vote!!