sixteen

jeno sat down at the nearest bench. renjun wasn't here because he couldn't make it until the tournament was over so he was alone since yesterday jaemin proclaimed that 'he didn't need him or renjun' and 'wouldn't be going'. and jeno almost started to believe it until he saw jaemin and donghyuck in a somber mood on the bleachers across from himself.

they had just finished their match and they lost so they weren't advancing. mark sat down right beside him and offered him a bottle of gatorade, "do you want some?"

jeno grinned widely at his friend and took the bottle. he placed it right beside him, "i'll drink it in a bit. right now i'm more worried about jaemin."

mark quirked an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

"your boyfriend and jaemin are over there looking somberly at everything. i didn't even see them look at us once during our three matches." jeno said while swinging his legs, kicking every rock in his path.

mark nodded and looked over at donghyuck, whose head was on jaemin's shoulders and he seemed to be speaking slowly, "so you're not pissed that we lost to bighit high?"

jeno shook his head no. "oh you're misunderstanding mark. i'm super pissed, but i can't blame their coach for throwing their best players yoongi and beomgyu in the game immediately to take out yukhei and i. you could even tell they were starting to get afraid of baekhyun and you rising in the ranks so they put taehyung and soobin."

mark chuckled lowly and lightly punched his friend in the shoulder, "i wasn't that good."

jeno's thoughts of jaemin disappeared and he finally thought of himself for once, "you should've seen yourself when we went against jyp. you destroyed minho, chan, and even their own mark tuan." jeno looked towards mark again, "you know if you want to keep practing you should just join our basketball team."

mark smiled, "maybe. i'll think about it."

-

"see yukhei? it isn't that hard? you should've seen his face when i went over there." renjun said as he made his way through the brush behind the basketball courts.

"...i don't think it's a good idea." yukhei said and threw his arm over renjun, "but let's do it."

"is jungwoo helping?" yukhei asked

"no, he doesn't want to get involved with this part of the plan. he'll stick to operation...you know what. and i'm not going to stop him since it's not my place to." renjun said with annoyance clear in his voice.

yukhei nodded in understanding.

renjun smiled sweetly, "donghyuck won't know what hit him."