23 Icy

Quick question, which ones do you prefer, stories written in 1st or 3rd person?

-

Not again.

Not freaking again.

I twist over in the bed and open my eyes, just to make sure I'm not in a foreign house. In the darkness, I manage to recognize Wes's room and shut my eyes close. At least I'm somewhere familiar, although I wish I wasn't here now.

Moving my hair from my face, I sit up very slowly, careful not to disturb my already pounding headache.

My dress is all tangled around my legs and I roll my eyes when I realise I'm still in my heels. That makes my head hurt even more and I hiss at the pain. I lift my fingers up to my head and attempt to soothe the pain by rubbing on my temples.

When it obviously doesn't help, I grab the blankets and throw them off my body.

My throat feels dry from the thirst I suddenly feel.

It takes me about two minutes to focus on the darkness of the room. The curtains are closed, stopping any light coming from the city lamps. The only source of light is the one coming from under the closed door. The beat I hear is undoubtedly from downstairs and I can't help but think of the party that is definitely still happening.

In my slow movements, I place my feet on the ground. It's such a careful action in comparison to the rumbling inside my head.

Wanting to keep that peace and quietness, I breathe slowly and stand up from the bed. I stretch and yawn until I feel like I'm at least a little bit awake.

"Kat!" The door bursts open, taking me by instant surprise and I let out a loud yell, falling back on the bed.

"Oh my God." I mutter, clasping my head with my hands. Well that just made the pain ten times worse.

"Kat? Shit. Are you okay?" Cindy rushes to my side, getting close to me.

"Not really." I say through the sheets I have buried my face into.

"I'm so sorry. I totally forgot to be quiet." She apologizes.

"Clearly."

"I'm so, so sorry."

"It's okay." I say and carefully straighten up. I want a few seconds to adjust. Cindy's looking at me with a concerned face and I know she feels a lot more guilty than she's supposed to.

"Don't worry, Cin. I'm just hungover. It's fine." I smile at her, not wanting her to torture herself with this.

"I'd be quieter, but, um, there's a situation down there." She points her finger towards the floor and I furrow my brows.

"What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Not really." She repeats my previous answer and then bites her lip. "Wes is, uh, he got into a fight."

"What?!" I stand up on my feet, ignoring the torturous pain that rushes through my head again. Cindy does the same so I start walking fast to get out of the room. "With who?"