Chapter 4

Reader POV

It's been two days since I stole the four wheeler. It recently ran out of gas and now I'm on foot again. My food supply is still decent, might last another week or two. I was walking through the woods like always trying to find a place to set up camp.

I find a decent spot to set up a camp for the night. It was about six in the afternoon so might as well just set up the camp now. I put my stuff down and gather some pieces of wood to make a fire. I collect some wood and start setting up the fire. As I'm doing that I'm thinking about random things. Then I start thinking about her, Clementine. A part of me misses her but the other part hates her. It's like my brain fights itself whenever I think about her.

One side misses her. Her eyes, her smile, her laugh. She was really special to me. She was beautiful inside and outside. I really do miss her.

But the other side hates her. It always brings up the bad things she did to me. How I was attacked by walkers and almost got bit and she wasn't even paying attention. How she left me to go with Jane, i didn't want to go with her because she hid AJ and made me kill Kenny. And how she cheated on me with Louis. I try really hard to ignore this side but I can't.

I also really miss AJ. That kid was really special. He always made my day better. We always used hangout all the time. He would come to me if he needed advice. I loved him like he was my little brother. My best friend. My son. I miss his afro. His smile would make me happy.

But now, I don't have them with me anymore. Now I'm on my own. I don't know if I should move on. Find someone else to be happy with. No, I don't think anyone would want to be with me after all the things I've done. If I do find someone though, I'd be really happy. Only time will tell though.

Suddenly I hear guns click behind me. I stand up quickly and aim my AR-15. There were two men standing there with AK's pointed at me. One of the men was wearing a flannel with jeans and some cowboy boots. The other one was wearing a hoodie with some cargo pants and combat boots. They looked decently clean, they might have a camp nearby. One of the men speak up.

???: "Who are you?"

Y/N: "Why do you care?"

???: "Look man, we're not gonna hurt you just answer the question".

Y/N: "Name's Y/N".

???: "Ok, My names Zack, this is Joseph".

He says while pointing to the other man. They lower their guns and so do I.

Y/N: "What do you want?".

Zack: "We're scouts for a nearby settlement called Sunset. We're recruiting people who are by themselves to bring them in. You look like you're alone. Got a group?"

Y/N: "No, I'm just a lone wolf".

Zack: "Well would you like to join us?"

I think about it for a moment. I don't know if I should join another group. But this is probably something I might not want to pass up.

Y/N: "What's the catch?"

Joseph: "There is no catch. We have walls, power, food, weapons, and just about anything you might need. So what do you say?"

Y/N: "Alright I'll go, but if I see something I don't like I'm gone".

Zack: "No problem. Come on we'll lead the way".

We start walking to their settlement Sunset. If it is true about what their saying then this might be something good to help me regain my humanity again after all the shit I've done.