~3~

"Alright Eomma....I have to go...I know it's treatment day for you so I'll eat out okay?.."

Your mom tenderly grazes her hand on yours as it rests on her shoulder, her weak smile shattering your heart.

"No Honey....go ahead and eat...I don't want you out too late..."

"No way, you already won't feel good I don't want you getting sick because of the smell of food. I'll eat quickly okay?"

"No don't do that either you'll get indigestion."

"Eomma."

"Aigoo...I can't win."

"Nope."

With a small chuckle you give your mom a kiss on her forehead, the rain getting heavier and beating on the metal roof of the hospital as you let out a disgruntled sigh.

"Great, more rain."

"Honey take my umbrella with you please, I don't want you getting sick."

"Thanks Eomma."

Grabbing the purple umbrella in the corner of the room you quickly make your way to the elevator, your back leaning against the cold hard metal wall.

At least today I won't be late...

I have to work hard to get myself in a better light with my manager...

The hospital lets me pay a certain amount of money a month so Mom can stay here...

I know if I sold her house we would have enough money to pay off all her medical bills...but she worked all her life for that house...I was raised in that house...Dad was in that house...

How can I sell something that meant so much to her?

···············

"Hey you aren't late this time!"

"Shut up Hobi."

"Treatment day, huh?"

"Yeah...sorry..."

"No problem. I get it, when my grandma had Cancer my mom was like a ticking time bomb of stress."

"I just have to make enough by the end of the week to pay for my mom's stay..."

"Man...you sure are a good daughter. A lot of kids just let their parents waste."

"Yeah...not me. I just want to get through this day and go home so I can be with her."

"Ah this is table twos drink. They've been here for like an hour."

"Really?"

You turn and walk towards the table with a smile until you come to it, the same suitcase immediately boiling your blood.

"Miss Y/N?"

"Here's your coffee, enjoy."

"Miss Y/N! I have shown the house to many people and two are ready to make you a healthy offer."

You stop dead in your tracks and turn around, your cheeks heating up with infuriation as you ball your hands into fists.

"What did you just say?"

"I've shown the house and-"

"You let people inside of my Mother's house?! That house isn't yours she outright owns it!"

"But she isn't going to live long anyway! Why not sell the house and have a healthy check for the rest of her days-"

Before you can even think you reach over to the table and grab the fancy frozen coffee and sling it right in the man's face, your teeth tightened to the point they feel like they're going to crack.

"I'm sick and tired of you people's bullshit! That is my Mother's house and I will never sell it! Never! Get out of here!"

The man scrambles and takes off out the door with bits of frozen coffee dropping off his expensive coat, frustrated tears rolling down your cheeks.

"Y/N! My office!"

"Great! Meet you there!"

You turn around and walk into your bosses office as he crosses his arms and looks at you, his pointed features giving him a lizard like look.

"I told you I would give you one more chance and you ruined it! You're fired!"

"No you know what I quit! You're lucky I don't sue your ass for making me work in a hostile work environment! Have your stupid apron!"

You take off the apron and throw it across the coffee shop, your arms slamming the office door open.

"Oh and everyone, just so you know he reuses dish water to make the coffee the next day with! Have a good day!"

"Y/N!"

"I'm sorry Hobi. I can't take this anynore. I can't do this."

"Y/N wait!"

You slam the door of the coffee shop open while entering the rain, the water drenching your clothes and hair.

This is the worst day ever.

How can I pay for mom's treatment now?...

I have to find a different job immediately.

Better start looking now.

Turning your body you begin walking down the cracked city concrete sidewalk, the gloomy sky letting the lit signs illuminate the dreary air.

I bet I'll find a different job by the end of the day.

·····················

What the hell.

Why is nowhere hiring?!

You look down at your watch and let out an exhausted groan, the rain still pounding against your purple umbrella.

Great...now I have to go to school...

I can't pay for any of this if I don't have a job.

Maybe I'll go to a different district tomorrow...or maybe the college is hiring a lunch lady...

Your shoes carry you back towards the coffee shop and down the road, the street lights misty and slippery from the consistent rain.

Is it ever going to stop raining?

It's been a monsoon for like a week.

After walking for what seems like forever you enter the same brick college building as yesterday, your chest lighter from your gppd attendance.

At least I made it to school on time.

After this I can eat and go check on Mom...

I hope she's doing okay today....treatment days are always so hard on her body...she can barely even walk and eat as it is...

Your body settles down into your seat beside your partner as he tilts his head lightly, his sunglasses turned in your direction.

"Hello Y/N."

"Hi Jimin."

"How has your day been?"

Why does he care?

"Fine I guess."

"Good good."

You simply lay your head down on your book again and listen to the professor begin talking, your eyelids heavy from lack of proper sleep.

I'll find a job...

I know I will...

(A/N): Character development.