Chapter 12 - Attacked

Another mermaid was approaching fast, and he didn’t sound happy. You were unable to see the full details of his face but you caught glimpses of his deep green tail.

He propelled himself through the water, getting closer by the second. He had a serious expression, with narrow eyes. He came closer and quickly wrapped his hands around Taehyung.

“Get away from us now!” He yelled at you, his voice laced with venom. 

“Namjoon calm down! She didn’t do anything wrong.” Taehyung tried explaining, but he didn’t listen. Instead, he pulled Taehyung away from you. Was he seriously that mad at you?

You stood back up into the water. That only seemed to make him angrier as he bared his teeth and glared at you. He let out a low growl, which only made you more scared. He wouldn’t hurt you, right?

You started taking steps back, getting nervous. He raised his hand out in front of him, still keeping one arm around Taehyung. Taehyung snapped his head around, his eyes shifting from concern to pure fear.

“No, Namjoon, don’t hurt her!” He screamed but it was too late. 

The water in front of you raised until it came way above your head, blocking your view of Namjoon and Taehyung. And then it suddenly came crashing down on you.

Your body was thrown against the rocks on shore, as water continued to block your vision and kept you from breathing. Pain seared through your back as your body cut into the sharp rock behind. 

You turned your head to the side, trying to get your head free. But your entire body was surrounded by water. And the desperate need to breathe was approaching.

Just before you swore your lungs would give out, the water stopped coming. Now all you could feel was pain as your back was covered in large cuts and cruises.

You looked back out to sea. Namjoon and Taehyung were gone, and you were left alone. The waves returned to their normal pace.

You tried to get up, but with every wave that crashed against the rock behind you, the saltwater stung your entire back. The pain was so bad that you could barely move.

You face twisted with pain, desperately trying to look out to see if anyone was possibly there. The water around you starting turning red.

And after a few minutes your eyelids drifted shut as you blacked out.