Chapter 8

Edited.

We continued to eat our cereal in silence. All you could hear was the light crunching from the cereal.

"Have you packed yet?" Asked Riley. I nodded my head. I swallowed what I had in my mouth before speaking.

"I just finished before coming down here," I informed her. She sifted her body towards me. She had a big frown on her face.

"I dont want you to go. Who knows what he'll do to you." Tears were evident in her eyes.

"He wont hurt me. I'm his mate. Even if he did reject me, he wouldn't hurt me. I hope."

"Are you scared of him?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

Terrified. I wanted to say. All I said was, "No, why should I be?" Riley looked at me wide eyed.

"Are you kidding!? He the most powerful alpha on this planet. He is a sadist who feeds off of other people's pain and misery." Isla growled in my head from the lack of respect Riley is giving towards my mate.

"We shouldn't judge someone by what you hear," I told her. "I know him as much as you do, which isn't much. We only really know him from what we have heard in the stories." She nodded slightly with an expression I couldn't describe. She looked sad and in pain as if she had lost someone close to her. She still had tears in her eyes, threatening to fall. I held her in my arms, reassuring her that I would still be with her.

"I'm sorry, I'm being such a baby," She sniffled while rubbing her eyes to take the tears away. It was useless though since more came. "I just don't want to loose my little sister."

"Its fine, I'll be fine," I assured her. I was almost trying to convince myself too.

We finally pulled apart and I got up to put my now empty bowl into the sink. As I lifted my bowl, a thin layer of ice started to form around it, making me groan.

"What happened?" Riley asked.

"I did it again. I froze my bowl," I sighed, putting the bowl into the sink. I turned the warm water and filled the bowl so it would start thawing. Riley sighed, "You need to start figuring out your powers."

"I don't have time to worry about that right now. I'll try some time just not now," I said. I went back over to the island and sat down. I put my face in my hands. "I wish I didn't have this curse. I don't know what I ever did to deserve it."

"Don't say that, Rayna. This so called curse you talk about could be a blessing from the moon goddess herself. You just have to learn to get used to it," She said, putting air quotes around 'curse'.

"Doesn't feel like much of a blessing," I said. "This." I hold out my hands and stare at them. "Is the reason why no one likes me. This. Is the reason why my mate rejected me. I'm a danger, Riley. Don't you see?" I put my face in my hand again. Tears started to stream down my face. All Riley did was rub my back.

*

Orion's POV.

I already missed her. My wolf craved to be with our mate. I wanted to go to her pack and hold her in my arms forever. But I knew I couldn't. I already knew she was my weakness. I cant have people know that she's my mate or they'll go after her.

I'm sitting in my office. My elbows are propped onto my desk and my face is in my hands. I was doing paperwork but I couldn't concentrate with Rayna in my every thought.

Someone's knocking in my door brought me out of my thoughts. I growled and shortly after, I heard retreating footsteps. I didn't want to be seen vulnerable.

I couldn't wait until Rayna came here on Thursday. I obviously can't make it obvious that we're mates or that I'm into her so no one will go after her.

She is a danger also so I can't do anything to trigger her powers that I still don't know how she has. I'll have to figure out why she has powers and white fur.

The reason I'm being so cold to her is to get her to hate me so she doesn't have the urge to be with me. Deran hates me for this but I have to do it for the safety of her and my pack.

I sighed and picked up my pen again, trying to clear my thoughts of my oh so beautiful mate.

*

Thursday 7:45 am
Rayna's POV

I woke up with the light shining through the window and onto my face. I groaned and sat up right, stretching my tired limbs. I realized that today was Thursday, the day I get to face my cold mate and move into his pack.

I'm not going to lie, I was nervous. I didn't know how Orion would react to see me. I didn't even know if he regretted rejecting me. But I was determined to get him to change. I was pretty sure I am the only one who could do it.

I got up from my bed and started to make it. Once I finished, I went over to my closet to pick out clothes for today. I had only left a small amount of clothes in there in case I came back to visit.

I wasn't sure how long I would stay in Bloodmoon pack. Isla and I both hoped he would accept me and I could stay with him.

I picked out a cropped sweater and some comfy, black leggings from my closet. I also took out my undergarments. I headed to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I stripped and did my normal routine before hopping out of the shower and drying myself. I put on the clothes I had picked out. I grabbed the towel again and dried my hair with it before setting it down again.

When I was done with the rest of my routine, I went downstairs with my suitcase and another backpack with some last minute stuff I needed like my phone, charger, makeup and things like that.

As I set my things down by the door, a strong knock echoed through the pack house. Everything around the pack house went quiet. I opened the door and there was Charles standing. My father and Riley quickly came down stairs to say their goodbyes to me.

I could not believe this was happening.
______________________________________

So how was this one?

It's been a while since I uploaded. I'm sorry but I've been busy with school and marching band.

If you have any Q&A questions, comment them In the note at the bottom of the last chapter. I'll make a separate Q&A chapter when I have enough questions.

Also, WE REACHED 230 VIEWS. Thanks to all of you guys. I know 230 isnt a big number but it means the world to me that at least someone sees my work and effort I put into this book. Thanks for everything!

Fun fact:
most, if not the whole book so far has been written at night while I'm in my bed, not being able to sleep. (You probably don't even care)
you guys should comment fun facts so I can put them in here

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.