49- You were Never a Monster

Announcing arrival of The Crown Prince of Lian!

Consort Hua couldn't believe her ears. Is she hallucinating now?

"My lady?" Tutu shakes her arm, waking her up from her daydream.

She exhales. She must thinks too much. There's no way that the crown prince is here, at this time.

"Let's go Tutu."

"Where My lady?"

"Prepare my bath."

"My lady?" Tutu frowns

"That's enough. You don't have to pity me anymore." She walks out from the room.

"My lady! Wait!" Tutu runs to her lady. "The crown prince is here! We need to greet him!"

The consort stops. "He's here?" She is in disbelief.

"Yes my lady!"

______

Her swollen eyes is an obvious sign that she was crying. Consort Hua sits uncomfortably in front of the crown prince.

"Please have a drink." She says

"Thank you." He sips the hot ginseng tea. "This crown prince is very sorry to come at this hour, I have no idea a casual visit in Zhang Kingdom can not pass mid-day." He bows a little to apologize.

Oh, right. He is not from The Great Zhang, he won't know.

"But, is Consort Hua feeling okay today?"

"Yes, yess I'm good!"

"Your hand..." he touches her delicate fingers, and lift it up. "This. Is this okay?" He points at her bleeding fingers.

She quickly pulls her hand away from him. Consort Hua didn't realize that her fingers are bleeding until he mentions it.

"This consort just arrange the rose, it's not a big deal."

"This one?" he points at the vase on the table.

"Yes."

"It's beautiful, Consort. You must be very talented." He smiles. The crown prince really thinks that she is amazing at everything she does.

But he couldn't trust her so easily. This is the evil Consort Hua after all. Even though in his heart, the crown prince believes that she is not what others claim her to be.

"Can this crown prince asks something?"

"Hm?"

"Has the consort ever heard of 'The Fool Who Fishes in the Mud' ?"

"A poem by ancient philosopher Li Tu Yan, yes, this consort recall reading that."

"What does the consort think about the poem?"

"This consort might have different opinion than what majority people think."

"Please kindly explain what does the consort think."

" Pond as dark as the night sky
  Uphill the rocky road
  A fool come by everyday
To feed hungry mouths at home." Consort Hua recites the poem.