33

Don't hesitate to point out mistakes (gently) as I have not proof read it.

~

Say what, now?!

All the colour drained from my face and I just sat there, pale, looking like a ghost with my eyes wide open. In all of this commotion, I completely forgot how famous Mr. Steele was among the media. Getting anywhere with him was almost equal to putting your entire life out there, which again meant, Sam's secret might be released.

No.

This was not good.

This was so not good.

"What am I going to do now?" I mumbled and started hyperventilating. I had never been in a situation like this and who had anyways? It was not like you would know that you were going to be a global talk over night and for what?

Spending a few good hours?

This was messed up on so many levels.

"Enna, babe, calm down. Deep breaths, yeah? Yes, just like that, take deep breaths." I followed his instructions, but it was not even ten seconds before I started hyperventilating again.

"I am on the news Matt, on the news! And do you know what does that mean? People may come to know that Sam is adopted and they will definitely come to know because media never stops. They just dig in and in and in." He rubbed his hand up and down my arm in a comforting manner, but it did absolutely nothing in calming my nerves.

"What are you afraid of Enna?"

"When Sam grows up, I don't want him to know about his real parents from the social media, Mattie. Do you know how heartbreaking that would be?"

"How about you go and talk to your soon- going- to- be- your- boyfriend- boss?" I smacked him on the arm and he winced before laughing his butt off.

"You are right, I should go."

"To fuck him?"

"Matt!" I yelled and ran after him with a cushion in my hand to beat the hell out of him with this innocent cushion.

"Shall I expect another little munchkin to call me an uncle soon?" He said, while laughing and rounding around the dining table.

"Get back here, you spawn of Satan!"

"I am Satan."

"I will send you to heaven."

"Just how he brings heaven to you?"

"COME BACK HERE!"

~

It had been exactly one hour since Matt and I acted like Tom and Jerry and now, I was sitting inside my car in the parking lot of the office as sweat covered my forehead even though the air conditioner was on full blast.

Those few moments I spent with Matt in the morning definitely eased my tension, but now that the reality was hitting me hard with all those flashes, I was a nervous wreck all over again.

The press was all around me, taking pictures after pictures, knocking on the window asking about my relationship status with Mr. Steele and I don't think I had been this tensed even in my least favorite subject's exam.

I had to get out of here, but the real question was how. There was no way I was going to step out of the car with all those people waiting to jump all over me and neither was I going to sit here all day. I took my phone out and decided to call Mr. Steele to help me out of this situation and as if God was listening to my pledge, I saw Mr. Steele walking towards my car with his bodyguards pushing the media away.