Chapter 31

I just want to take a moment to thank all the people who have been so supportive of this story and my past that I've incorporated into this story. We've reached 2k reads which is honestly more than I expected and I am so grateful. I'll try to continue being relatable and adding those kooky little moments in my authors notes that prove I'm actually human. Thank you so much, everyone, truly.

Ami had been conflicted and when she thought she had found comfort it was just her brain trying to create the false hope to make her stay. Eventually one night she knew she could no longer handle the emptiness of living off a suitcase and going hotel to hotel, especially without Rachel. One night she packed her bags. One night she booked her flight to leave as soon as possible. One night she snuck out without telling anyone of her plans. One night she boarded that plane. One morning she arrived back in New York City. She knew that morning that Josh would wake up to an empty bed. That morning he would call her name and search the city for her. That morning she knew her phone wouldn't stop buzzing from his texts and calls, which led to her blocking him. It pained both of them, Josh feeling betrayed and lost without Ami. If anything he just wanted to know why. Why give him false hope those many nights they had spent together laughing. Why trick him into thinking that maybe she was the one. Out of every girl he had dated Ami had been different. Ami hadn't felt like a burden, Ami hadn't taken advantage of him for fame or for a job or anything. She understood him and cared for him and loved him.

Nobody in the Newsies touring cast knew where she had gone. Everyone grieved for her as if she had died, for they knew that she was the type to disappear and never be found again. She had hurt everyone in that cast that day and she knew it. She knew it but she did it anyways. Her contract had expired unknown to everyone else and while she could've stayed on tour she didn't bother to follow through with renewing it. Josh refused to leave the hotel room they had spent their last moments together in for days. He buried his face in the pillows for every last hint of her perfume, her shampoo, her hair product, anything. It was devastating for Sky and Ben, knowing they had lost someone who was practically a sister to them and to see their friend so torn up over her disappearance. They had to keep him from going to the police in case she had been kidnapped or worse. Eventually Ben had received a text from her simply stating she was alright and sending her best wishes to Josh, Ben, Sky, and the cast. There was nothing explaining why she had left so nobody knew.

Eventually, though, time had passed and....

Once again sorry for the short chapttterrrrr but today was my boyfriends birthday so I had to go spoil him. He also asked me to homecoming eeeeeeee.

Anyways. I may or may not be thinking of a sequel my dudes.

Vote here for sequel

Yes

No