Chapter Fourteen

{heart over head}

"I'll do it."

The three male's ears perked up at the sound of a new voice. Turning his gaze to the door, Jin's eyes widened when he realised Hoseok was the one volunteering himself as the test subject. Twisting his lips into a frown, Jin spun in his chair, "Are you sure about that Hoseok?" he asked, gaining the orange haired male's attention, "If it doesn't work, things could go horribly wrong-"

"-I'm fine with it." Hoseok smiled, eyes squinting as he did so, "Really, I don't mind." he reassured, earning a sorrowful gaze from Seokjin. 

Letting his smile fall from his face, Hoseok's lips returned to their natural cupids bow. He stepped out from the doorway and into the medical room, finding a wall to lean up against as he, along with the other three male's cast their gaze out the window. The sun was beginning its decent on the land, shadows of the trees extending further and further until the shadow of night began to fall upon them. The frosted window cast an array of diffused swirls in the last light of the sun, only small golden rays breaking through and warming Hoseok's skin. 

Seokjin let out a tired sigh, "We can begin the experiments once Taehyung's all healed up." he stated, earning an eye roll from his injured cousin. 

"I'm feeling fine," Taehyung scoffed, sitting up and swinging his legs around to the side of his bed. Jungkook swore he almost had a heart attack the moment Taehyung went to stand on his own, but let out a sigh of relief when Taehyung flinched, letting out a small and pained yelp at the burning pain that arose from his bandaged torso. 

Letting out a small chuckle, Jungkook placed a hand against Taehyung's clothed chest, gently pushing the older back onto the bed, "Not so fast Tae," he smirked, "you're stuck here with me for a while."

Taehyung groaned as he let his back fall against the bed, head hitting softly against his pillow with a thump as he crossed his arms firmly over his form, diverting his gaze to the ceiling. "This is boring." he murmured, realising that for at least a couple more days he'd be completely bed bound. 

A moment of silence passed before the sound of the wooden door creaking open came once again, this time two males entering side by side. Both Yoongi and Jimin quickly separated themselves the moment they entered the medical room, Yoongi stumbling over to Hoseok's side whilst Jimin headed straight towards Taehyung's bedside. "I heard what happened the other day." Jimin spoke, injured hands tucked away in the pockets of his hoodie, "Are you doing alright... Taehyung?"

Grabbing ahold of his covers, Taehyung was quick to pull them over his head, burying himself out of sight from the five males present in the room, "Can I just have some alone time?" he mumbled, words barely audible from underneath the mound of blankets. 

Frowning, Jungkook ushered for everyone except himself and Seokjin to leave the room. He thought it was probably just Taehyung being sulky over the fact that he was practically useless for a few days, having such a bad injury during the apocalypse wasn't a good thing, he would've used up a lot of needed medical supplies and goods. It was also a time where they needed to be physically ready for an attack from Alpha, so being bed bound certainly wasn't the best. 

Understanding the situation, Hoseok took ahold of Yoongi's wrist, dragging the male out the door and into the hallway. Jimin was quick to follow, shuffling out from the room before closing the door with an injured hand. 

Hoseok's brows knit themselves together when he noticed the tense atmosphere surrounding both Yoongi and Jimin. Ever since they'd ventured out into town just a few days ago, something just wasn't quite right about the pair. Usually they'd be lounging around together or training side by side, but that just wasn't the case anymore.