10. The mist

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"(Y/n)? I don't feel so good."

A few hours had passed with everyone walking straight forward. You didn't know what the time was, nor did you know if you were going to get to the forest where the fluxweed grew anytime soon.  You were all tired, but the fear of Corona being covered in black rocks, kept you going. 

The awkward silence that had been there at the beginning was now gone, due to Rapunzels humming. It lit up the mood well, even though you sometimes could find it slightly annoying. And besides that, Andrew and Cassandra seemed to have a little chit chat.

As for Eugene, he still walked between Varian and you, and it honestly began to get quite annoying - you couldn't even have a proper conversation with your best friend! But you just needed to hang in there for a little bit longer; You knew your brother well, and you knew that after some time he would slowly realize that Cassandra was right, about what she said around the campfire, and he would allow Varian and you to hang out again.

But it wouldn't be right now, that's for sure.

For example, a few moments ago, you had asked if anyone had some water. Varian had offered you his bottle, but before you could get your hands on it, Eugene had taken a large gulp, probably to see if it was poisoned. And even when he stated that it wasn't, he wouldn't allow you to drink it; He offered you his own bottle while returning the other to Varian. Varian didn't understand this, but you did. Though you had to pretend you didn't either, and that was hard. But you had to deal with it.

You and Varian walked silently on each side of Eugene, when he reached both of his arms out, stopping you from getting any further.

"What's the matter?" Varian asked, yawning. You were confused as well, but when you saw what Rapunzel, Andrew, and Cassandra was looking at, you gulped. You had already reached the edge of the mountain, and now you all stood on a very high cliff. But how? The way, all the way up here, didn't seem that steep at all. Did it?

Cassandra slowly moved closer to the edge. You all held your breath.

"Careful Cass." Rapunzel spoke, taking Eugene's hand. Cassandra nodded.

After what felt like forever, she finally made her way back to you, with a serious look on her face. "Good news or bad news first?" She asked.

"Good news!" Rapunzel, the typical optimist, said, making everyone sigh.

"Okay. At the bottom of the hill, is the forest that we're looking for." She said, crossing her arms. She didn't seem happy about it at all, but Rapunzel clapped her hands, and Andrew gave Eugene a high five.

"The bad news is that the hill is almost completely vertical. There's no way we can get down there alive." Cassandra spoke, and everyone fell silent.