Chapter 15

Ellie 

Ellie's POV 

Billie and I never really talked about what where we stood with each other after our fight but waltzing into school hand in hand was good enough for me. English was first and we had the pleasure of being amongst Mrs Stevens soul breaking company.

"Oh look at this! Billie thank you for showing up this week" she exclaimed, sarcasm dripping off her tongue.

Does she ever give anyone a break? It was such a pleasant Tuesday morning until this witch opened her mouth. Honestly, it's like someone plucked Abigail straight out of the Crucible and turned her into a middle-aged woman who does a mediocre job of teaching children.

"Pleasure is all mine" Billie spat back with just as much sarcasm and pulled us to the back corner.

"Move" she said to the two kids already there.

"No" the blonde one said "I don't take orders from dykes" he snickered, and his friend slapped him up.

"May I remind you of the favour you owe me from last year after Halloween night Jay?" Billie stared the blonde who I learnt is Jay down.

His eyes widened and he quickly grabbed his bag, "come on man" he told his friend and scurried away.

"Do you just have threats on everyone?" I asked as I took a seat.

"Pretty much" Billie nodded and dragged my desk right next to hers before wrapping an arm around my chair.

"So it seems like you two aren't ignoring each other anymore" Kelsey said, making me breakaway from Billie's kiss.

"Yeah" I laughed and patted Billies chest "all is forgiven"

"Good because you two ignoring each other was getting so exhausting, it was like I was talking to two brick walls and my voice was echoing off them"

"Sorry" I mumbled, feeling bad for splitting the group momentarily.

"Oh please it was nowhere as exhausting as being on the receiving end Kels, believe me that shit sucked booty" Billie laughed, but I could sense the honesty behind it which added onto the guilt even more.

Maybe I did overreact? Fuck, I overreacted and wasted a whole week by ignoring not only Billie but everyone. I bet Mav and Connor hate me now. My chest was closing in and it was getting harder to breathe. I need to get some air quick.

"I uh- just remembered" I started and got off Billie's lap, "I had to hand in an essay for extra credit in English after Mrs Stevens threw me out, I'll see you guys later" I snatched my bag quickly and ducked out of the locker room of the gym.