Chapter Seventeen

{left venerable}

"Alpha..." Hoseok breathed. 

That single word was enough to send Jin's mind racing. His heart was in his mouth, a wave of nausea washing over him as he registered what this meant. 

Jin and Hoseok both turned to each other in realisation before Jin spoke, "They're gonna go after Jungkook and Tae."

Without wasting another second, Jin turned on his feet, breaking out into a full blown sprint. He could feel his heart throbbing inside his chest, cold stinging his face as he sped back towards the store. His usually calm and collected self fell away, passing in a blur as he found himself already halfway down the street. His brain was screaming at him to run faster, keep his feet moving forwards, quickening his pace into something almost supernatural. 

Hoseok followed closely behind as Jin wrapped a hand against the door handle, slamming open the glass door with full strength, "GUYS!" he called, voice laced with a pleading tone. Never before had Hoseok heard such desperation in a voice other then his own. 

Shuffling was heard as Tessa and Namjoon quickly emerged from the shadows, a pile of clothing and blankets tucked underneath their arms. "Hoseok, Jin?"

With clenched teeth, Jin spoke up, "We gotta go... like now now now!" he called, watching as both confusion and fear crept its way across the pair's face. 

Namjoon frowned, "Wait, at least tell me what's going on-"

"It's Alpha," Jin muttered, fist tightening by his side as his blood began to boil, "they're here." 

Both Tessa and Namjoon fell silent at the sudden news. They didn't think it would be so soon, they thought they'd be prepared, that they'd have time! Hoseok's well thought out emergency evacuation plans were completely useless seeing as the squad wasn't all together. Alpha was either lucky or unbelievably smart. They were at a loss. 

Intertwining his fingers with Tessa's Namjoon broke out into a sprint behind both Hoseok and Jin. Their combat boots pounded against the freshly fallen snow, feet sliding every so often but the group failed to loose their cool. The fresh winter air channeled itself around them as they reached the car, 

"GET IN!" Hoseok called, opening the door and sliding himself into the drivers seat. 

Not even waiting for Namjoon and Tessa to shut their doors, Hoseok switched the gears into drive, tires skidding against the ice as they pulled away from town. Hoseok's hands were clenched tightly around the cold leather of the steering wheel, knuckles almost white as he drove as fast as he could in the current seasonal conditions. 

"Can't you pick up the pace!?" Jin called from the passenger seat, leaning forwards as he looked out front. He let out a yelp as his back flew back into his seat, Hoseok swerving around a sharp bend at full speed. 

"Just let me drive," Hoseok spoke, voice low and stern as he pressed down harder on the accelerator,  "I'm taking every short cut I can." he explained, turning another sharp corner and sending his passengers into destress as they clutched onto their seatbelt's for dear life. 

The car hissed against the road, the grey clouds above giving the four squad members an eery vibe as they drove hastily back towards the cottage. Jin could practically feel himself beginning to hyperventilate, realising that only Yoongi and Jungkook could put up a real fight. 

With one swift turn of the wheel, Hoseok skid the car up to the front porch of the cottage, not caring that he literally just bogged it in the deep snow as he switched the gears into park. With panicked and shaky movements, Jin unclipped his seatbelt, pushing open the car door and immediately trudging through the thick snow to the steps of the porch, "TAEHYUNG!" Jin called, hands cupped around his mouth as he climbed up the front steps, "JUNGKOOK!?"

Hoseok, Namjoon and Tessa followed quickly behind, eyes widening when the front door of the cottage swung open. Hoseok felt a cold chill run down the back of his spine at the sight, "Oh my God... is that-"

"Jimin!" Jin called, stumbling towards the blonde haired male and placing his hands firmly against the younger's shoulders. He was quick to fall silent at the sight. 

Jimin's hair was a tousled mess, blonde bangs mixed with a layer of blood as it trickled down his  forehead, running off his chin. His lips were purple, skin shivering under Jin's touch as he trembled. His mouth gaped open and closed as he failed to produce any words, mind not functioning properly, "I- I... they"

Jin's eyes softened at Jimin's shaken state. The panic was like ice water surrounding his every limb, creeping higher until it passed his mouth and nose rendering him almost breathless. Hoseok climbed up the steps of the porch, pulling his winter coat off of his form once he realised Jimin was in nothing but a flimsy cotton shirt, "Jimin." Hoseok spoke, words rolling off his tongue in a soothing matter, almost like rich honey. "Where are the others?" he asked, words leaving his lips carefully as he watched Jimin tremble. 

Namjoon and Tessa were next to climb the porch, Tessa placing a gentle hand against Jimin's shoulder, "Where are Yoongi, Taehyung and Kook?" she breathed, voice softer then the male's. 

Placing a hand against his chest, Jimin sucked in a breath of cold winter air, biting down on his lower lip to prevent it from trembling any more, "They..." he gulped, tightening his hold on Hoseok's jacket,

"They're gone."

-----------------------------

{Author Note}

Let the climax begin.

(unedited)